Albergo Santa Chiara

Are you talking about the Santa Chiara in Venice?

If so, I have stayed there. I had a single room and it was quite nice and was a single bed with a large modern, tiled bathroom- quite lovely. My window was tiny. I was one floor up from the lobby.

It is a good location. Only problem was that they overbooked and the first night of my stay they put me in a different (inferior) hotel and then I had to pack and move back to the Santa Chiara for the second night. I was NOT happy about this.

I have the Albergo Santa Chiara (Rome) booked for October. It is close to the Pantheon so the location is terrific. It gets fairly good reviews on www.tripadvisor. The Albergo del Senato wanted 120 Euros MORE per night. The del Senato gets high marks but it was 335 euros a night.....too $$$$. That's why we went with the Santa Chiara. Read the reviews on both venere and trip advisor......it seems OK and the location is great.....Marty

I have a triple room booked for the Santa Chiara in May. The latest reviews are good. The rooms are supposed to be larger than most of the hotels in Rome. It is right behind the Pantheon, so it is in a very good location. Lots of restaurants, shops and cafes in that area.

We stayed there in Rome last summer--as stated, a terrific location, but very quiet. It's a few block walk to a main bus transfer area. We had a huge triple room. The breakfast was pretty good. I'd stay there again in a second.

Les

We stayed there in Rome last summer--as stated, a terrific location, but very quiet. It's a few block walk to a main bus transfer area. We had a huge triple room. The breakfast was pretty good. I'd stay there again in a second.

Les

Les,

Glad to hear you liked the Santa Chiara. I booked a triple as I had heard they were large rooms. Thanks for your input.

Any advice on restaurants or cafes in the area?

Abby

If you walk past the Pantheon 2 blocks up Via Pantheon, go left on Via della Coppelle, take first right to Piazza delle Coppelle 51 to Osteria da Mario--reasonably priced good food. On the other street to the right that leads away from the Pantheon, you'll walk past 2 great gelato shops--one is Gelateria Caffè Pasticceria Giolitti (just off Piazza Colonna and Piazza Monte Citorio at Via Uffici del Vicario 40).

Les

Archived