CT to NY

ddixon30

You don't say where in CT....even though its not a big state. My summer home used to be in Westbrook CT near Old Saybrook. It was normally a pretty easy two hour drive, unless it was Sunday in the summer or during AM rush hour. Merrit Parkway to Hutchinson River Parkway to Saw Mill Parkway South via cross county parkway(toll at Spitendevil bridge) and then down the west side Highway to the Manhattan Cruise terminal.

BTW its $24.00 per day to max of $180 for 12 days and then it repeats....$168.00 for a week---NY prices.

Sorry, I live in Ellington, CT

which is right outside Hartford if I remember correctly. You either have to take the rare Amtrak that goes your way or drive to New Haven for the Metro North....its just as easy to take route 15 to NY.

Do you know Gary and Cindy Vanvorhis?

We are thinking of this too... we are about 3 exits up 84 from you... we are about 5 minutes from the "Lake" :) But I would drive down to Meriden to have my dad drive us to Metro North then cab it to the pier.

BUT since ours is a repositioning cruise, I have to find a way back from San Juan to CT

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Fairfield County CT and parked at the pier for a Norwegian Dawn cruise last year. It could not have been easier. When you get to the cruise terminal you first drop off your luggage with the porters and follow the signs to the parking lot which is at the next level right next to the ship. Take the elevator or stairs down to the enclosed terminal and you are all set.

This is much, much easier than taking the train and you will be in control of your life.

Archived