Majesty of the Seas or Soverign of the Seas?

il26382

They are sister ships so they are pretty much identical. That said, Sovereign is being retired in October of this year to be replaced by....Majesty.

I would consider three things when booking: 1) Sovereign was my first RCCL cruise and I want to sail on her one more time before they ship her out; 2) is Sovereign or Majesty closer to you? We sail Sovereign most often because she sails out of Port Canaveral which is less than an hour from our house; 3) Majesty underwent a renovation recently and will likely show it (we sailed Sovereign after her last refurb and it was really nice).

Either way, you'll have a great time. We love RCCL!

They are sister ships so they are pretty much identical. That said, Sovereign is being retired in October of this year to be replaced by....Majesty.

I would consider three things when booking: 1) Sovereign was my first RCCL cruise and I want to sail on her one more time before they ship her out; 2) is Sovereign or Majesty closer to you? We sail Sovereign most often because she sails out of Port Canaveral which is less than an hour from our house; 3) Majesty underwent a renovation recently and will likely show it (we sailed Sovereign after her last refurb and it was really nice).

Either way, you'll have a great time. We love RCCL!

Being replaced by Monarch.

Both are great for a short getaway! We have sailed on the Sovereign twice and the Majesty once. They are very similar, but we probably like the Majesty a little better. The pros for the Majesty (for us) are the little cafe for lunch and departing Nassau early evening. The pro for the Sovereign is that Port Canaveral is closer and little more convenient for us (but not by a lot since we usually fly to either port). We prefer the itinerary of the Majesty because it departs Nassau earlier than the Sovereign. I know some probably like spending more time in port. You'll have a great time no matter which you choose!

I've been on both ships........I love the SS but would have say the MJ.....because of the recent refurbs.....and the ports....she goes to Key west and the SS doesnt...........

We usually go on the SS only becuse she is closer to us than going all the way to Miami......

Either ship ,you'll have fun!

we chose sovereign because we like sea days and majesty doesn't have one on their 4 night itinerary.

We like that sea day as well. It is to bad that Sovereign does not substitute Key West when Coco Cay is to rough for tendering.

We like that sea day as well. It is to bad that Sovereign does not substitute Key West when Coco Cay is to rough for tendering.

I believe that Key West is the sort of port that a ship cannot "just drop in" to. They severely restrict the number of ships in port at any one time, and how long each is allowed to stay.

Archived