Disney Wonder Couples Massage Worth It??

MIMomof2

We are planning our first family cruise with our 2 young children (1 & 5). I am tempted to book my dh and I a "romantic" couples massage either onboard or on CC. Any suggestions? The Disney DVD shows a private vernada with a hot tub following a couples massage... is this only a particular type? How long do you get to enjoy the hot tub? Is it private? Champagne, etc. included? Any other perks to the open-air cabana massage on CC other than the view/atmosphere?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. We are first-time cruisers and leave on the 4-night Wonder 03/30/08.

Thanks!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

we did the couples massage on the magic years ago, it was hubby's first massage and he was glad to have me there (worried he might be uncomfortable or too comfortable lol;) ) Anyhow it was very nice, there are two tables side by side and each of you has your own tech. I don't remember any hot tub after but that may have changed since we have not been on the magic for a few years now. It was really nice.

I had a cabana massage on CC and that was lovely too, very blissful..

As I'm understanding it, there are a couple ways to do the couples massage. one would be a traditional treatment, the other would be to book the spa villa program, that's where you get the hot tub and can order Champagne for an additional cost.

We've done the couples massage each time we've cruised on the Magic. The two of you are in a private room with the tables side by side. Your CMs will introduce themselves and go over what will be happening then they will leave the room so that you can get undressed to whatever extent you are comfortable and then relax on your table.

After your massage they will want to do their sales pitches for lotions and etc. but they take no for an answer very gracefully.

The new villas which are more costly also provide you with time in the hot tub.

I would hope that the Wonder would have the same quality of service so I would wholeheartedly say, "Book It".

We are planning our first family cruise with our 2 young children (1 & 5). I am tempted to book my dh and I a "romantic" couples massage either onboard or on CC. Any suggestions? The Disney DVD shows a private vernada with a hot tub following a couples massage... is this only a particular type? How long do you get to enjoy the hot tub? Is it private? Champagne, etc. included? Any other perks to the open-air cabana massage on CC other than the view/atmosphere?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. We are first-time cruisers and leave on the 4-night Wonder 03/30/08.

Thanks!! :)

First everyone is different so do what appeals to you most. We have done both. The cabana one on CC is amazing. One of the best times we have had. A couple things to know, it will be HOT. We were there in November and it was warm for us but hard on the thearipists. Also, the oils that they use will casue you to burn so do it as late in the day as possible. We had the luxury of sending our kids to be with "Grandma" but the timing for the kid's club can be tricky. It is also at the adult beach so you are a ways from the ship if any of that matters to you. It is also not completely private. The one on the ship in the villa is great too (we did it in the Med when there was not CC). It is NOT private. It is VERY nice. The inside is the massage room with two tables and the balconey has a hot tub and a double hammock type chair. They start by rubbing your feet with salt then you get in the tub (in suits). Next is the massage. Then you sit in the hammock and have tea. Longer time slot so a little more expensive but fun. Any other questions about it?

Archived