Interesting Article on CNN

*CruiseFan*

I like this one: "We're hoping it will dispel the myth that a cruise experience is just about overeating. You can eat very healthfully, very creatively, and have a lot of wonderful choices".

Sorry, I just dont cruise enough to pick the healthy options when vacationing, I spend months dieting so that I can eat whatever I want whenever I want! Its not about overeating, its about enjoying!!

My hubby sent this to me. Wasn't sure if everyone else had seen it or not, and if it's been posted already I apologize.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/02/21/cruise.dining.ap/index.html

I don't overeat at home so I'm not going to pig out when I'm on vacation...I don't get it frankly. I try to eat clean all the time and don't find the need to go off my normal routine just because I'm away from home. I thoroughly enjoy food and still manage to do so while on a cruise without consuming a bunch of empty calories that I don't normally eat. I'm not as much concerned about gaining weight as I am about what all of that junk does to my insides.

I don't overeat at home so I'm not going to pig out when I'm on vacation...I don't get it frankly. I try to eat clean all the time and don't find the need to go off my normal routine just because I'm away from home. I thoroughly enjoy food and still manage to do so while on a cruise without consuming a bunch of empty calories that I don't normally eat. I'm not as much concerned about gaining weight as I am about what all of that junk does to my insides.

You only live once why drag it out any longer than you have to?

I like this one: "We're hoping it will dispel the myth that a cruise experience is just about overeating. You can eat very healthfully, very creatively, and have a lot of wonderful choices".

Sorry, I just dont cruise enough to pick the healthy options when vacationing, I spend months dieting so that I can eat whatever I want whenever I want! Its not about overeating, its about enjoying!!

Amen! Vacations aren't the time to start your diet!

And cookingchick -- I hear you on that. My hubby and I still watch it. My big treat is carbs after 3 on a cruise, LOL. And a dessert every here and there, but I'm not a big dessert person normally so I never am on the cruise! Our favorite is the sushi bar!

I diet 51 weeks out of the year, so I think I deserve to let myself indulge on the 52nd. :)

Seriously, though, I am overweight and have, since the first of the year, been extremely health-conscious, watching what I eat and exercising on a regular basis. However, on my cruise next month, I have no intentions of "dieting", but on the same token, I also do not expect myself to make 10 trips to the buffet just because I can. I will indulge in whatever sounds good (whether that is chocolate cake or a salad), but when I'm full, I'm done. I also plan to hit the gym at least 3x that week! :)

I diet 51 weeks out of the year, so I think I deserve to let myself indulge on the 52nd. :)

Seriously, though, I am overweight and have, since the first of the year, been extremely health-conscious, watching what I eat and exercising on a regular basis. However, on my cruise next month, I have no intentions of "dieting", but on the same token, I also do not expect myself to make 10 trips to the buffet just because I can. I will indulge in whatever sounds good (whether that is chocolate cake or a salad), but when I'm full, I'm done. I also plan to hit the gym at least 3x that week! :)

Great article! Not all the food has to be healthy, but we should have more choices on cruises!

Speaking of midnight buffets, does Carnival have them every night? And do you go? I only went to one once when I wasn't even hungry just to see what all the hoopla was about. I mean, you eat 10 times a day on a cruise, who has a need to eat at midnight too and why?

Great article! Not all the food has to be healthy, but we should have more choices on cruises!

Speaking of midnight buffets, does Carnival have them every night? And do you go? I only went to one once when I wasn't even hungry just to see what all the hoopla was about. I mean, you eat 10 times a day on a cruise, who has a need to eat at midnight too and why?

I've never been to a midnight buffet...eating that late would make me physically ill, I'm afraid. I'm an early to bed, early to rise kind of gal...LOL. I think my digestive switch is in the OFF position at that time of night!

I agree! Ditto here!!

My DH and I go to check out what all the hoopla is about too. I'm not normally hungry around midnight since we have late seating. It's if we're up until 3 AM that the pizza starts to sound really good....

We are vacationing to relax and indulge some, but not to the point of making ourselves sick. Last cruise we each only gained a couple of pounds, and are both down more than 10# from that time. We increased our exercise and changed our diet a little in December to lose a few extra pounds before the cruise, mostly so if we pick up 5 lbs our clothes will still fit when we get back home....:cool:

For me, it's not the food - it's the BEER...

Archived