Anyone Nervous About Bermuda Cruise This Weekend, 9/26??

LunasMom

We are leaving on Sunday to Bermuda. I have cruised there 2 other times and it is always a rough ride but now with the hurricanes I am really scared. I knew I should have waited til next year when the Voyager goes to Bermuda!! At least it is a big ship with great stabilizers. :eek:

We will be passing each other in Bayonne next Sunday as we are on the 10/2 sailing.

Hoping all will calm down by then.

Have a great cruise and save me a lounge chair by the pool!!! A "LIVE" report from the ship would be great! :)

Thanks and I will be watching for a post from the ship!!!

I get car sick, air sick, you name it and always take a Bonine daily when cruising and add and extra one if the seas are rough. (The dosage is "1 to 2 tablets" every 24 hours.) I never had a problem and was fine one night on the Enchantment in 2001 when most on the ship were sick.

I love having email access on the ship and even though 50 cents a minute I enjoy a daily mail to our kids and only another $2.50 or so per day on the Sail and Sign card.

Do you have a Meet and Mingle group for your sailing? We are very fortunate to have a great group of about 32 now I think. Really looking forward to meeting them all.

Again, HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME, TAKE YOUR BONINE, AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!

Lunasmom,

I get nervous too. Last year from NYC to Bermuda (3rd week in Sep) we were in between Hurrican Fabian (which hit Bermuda dead on the week before - a rare occurance) and Hurricane Isabel making her way up the eastern seaboard. I was very reluctant to go but I'm so glad I did. It was the best! The weather was wonderful. The seas somewhat rougher but I've seen worse. This was on the Zenith. You will have a great time. Enjoy. I wish I were going.

Barb

Take your Bodine and you'll be fine. We were on Empress 9/4. Seas were a little ruff Sunday the 5th due to Francis. You felt the effects more in the diningroom (lower deck). If it bothers you try and stay upper middle when time allows. And by all means don't look outside if your feeling ill. The sway will do you in. Enjoy, just think of the great beaches when you get there.

I was on the Empress that left on 8/29. That first full day at sea to me was the worst. I think that was when Hurricane Frances was still out to sea. Alot of people got sick. I don't usually get sea sick, but this ship was a rocking. I don't mean to scare you, it may not be that bad. But I for one was happy to see Bermuda. I thought that ship would never stop rocking and rolling.

I definitely want to go to Bermuda again. But it will be on the Voyager.

Two of my daughters and my two grandkids and I are thinking about the May 29th Voyager to Bermuda in 2005. Where do fly in to? We are hoping to do a day or so before and one day after in New York. How far from the port will we be? Please excuse me if these are silly questions. I usually leave out of ports in Florida. Thanks you for the information.

I was on the Empress that left on 8/29. That first full day at sea to me was the worst. I think that was when Hurricane Frances was still out to sea. Alot of people got sick. I don't usually get sea sick, but this ship was a rocking. I don't mean to scare you, it may not be that bad. But I for one was happy to see Bermuda. I thought that ship would never stop rocking and rolling.

I definitely want to go to Bermuda again. But it will be on the Voyager.

I was on that ship on 8/29 and it was mild although a fair number of people got sick. The Empress is a smaller ship most of the bigger ones you wouldn't have felt this. we were upstairs and really felt the ship rolling down in our cabin(and I do mean down deck 3) it was much less noticiable. Can you imagine what sailing was like before stabilizers? I can't--ps I have been on ships with 30 foot waves but the worst was fishing off Hawaii--- since that I can take anything.... pps I would go back to Bermuda in a second, on the Empress I prefer frankly the smaller ships I don't look forward to getting off with 3000+ other people in Bermuda

Archived