Another Cozumel Question

jojo08

Ok I'm still on my search for my plans at Cozumel, I have got some good advice, but now I have more questions. We have decide to stay in Cozumel and not go to Xcarte. So this is what I want I want to swim in the water somewhere, I'm not a huge beach person, but I have never seen the clear water before so I have to get in it. A few hours of it and I think I will be happy.

So would it be best to just go to a local beach and grab a taxi when we get there. Also we were thinking about doing horse back riding it's a short thing only a few hours has anyone ever done that before any advice is it fun. Never been on one so I dont know anything.

Any advice I want to book this weekend so it's out of the way. Less then two weeks till we leave can't wait.

Ok I'm still on my search for my plans at Cozumel, I have got some good advice, but now I have more questions. We have decide to stay in Cozumel and not go to Xcarte. So this is what I want I want to swim in the water somewhere, I'm not a huge beach person, but I have never seen the clear water before so I have to get in it. A few hours of it and I think I will be happy.

So would it be best to just go to a local beach and grab a taxi when we get there. Also we were thinking about doing horse back riding it's a short thing only a few hours has anyone ever done that before any advice is it fun. Never been on one so I dont know anything.

Any advice I want to book this weekend so it's out of the way. Less then two weeks till we leave can't wait.

We did horseback riding a few months ago on Cozumel. It was fun. We went to the Palmitas Ranch via taxi. It was a 20 minute ride. The horseback riding was good, it didn't go on the beach. The path was rocky and a lot of trees but the horses were very well trained and new the path very well and could have done it blindfolded. So I don't know if it would be for you since it doesn't go on the beach. My six yr old son rode with me half the time and my wife the other half. I believe it was $35 pp for about 2 1/2 hours.

We've been to Cozumel a few times...we just always catch a cab from the pier to the beach. The taxis are always waiting outside the beaches when it's time to go home so it's not a problem going back to the pier. Here's a website with beach info...I found it very useful. It's http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches. Gives you lots of info on beaches and what services they offer. Good luck!

We are planning on taking the dune buggy tour from island marketing. It sounds like you drive across the island on the buggies and see the sights and there is a stop at a beach were you can snorkle and swim while they make you lunch.

Check into Chankanaab Park. The water is great, it's safe and clean. I go there every time we dock in Cozumel.

While Chankanaab is a very nice park, I think I'd recommend Mr Sancho's to Jojo because she could, in addition to play in the water, do some horseback riding as that is also offered at Mr Sancho's.

I just went to Mr. Sancho's last month. We really enjoyed it there...very quiet and peaceful. We went to Playa Sol (Playa Mia Beach Break) a couple of years ago and we didn't like the loud DJ and music. Plus that's where all the booze cruises land so it gets really crowded.

We did Chankanaab park ($16 entry fee, but free with dolphin Royal swim) last week, and if I ever went back I would go there again - simply beautiful! We were travelling with 3 kids ages 10,11,12, and they loved the dolphin swim (although costly) but the beach is beautiful, snorkelling, swim area, lagoon, and a lush park area with paths and large iguanas all over. We were there 4 hours, could have spent longer - they have grass umbrellas to lay under on the beach, places to eat al fresco, even a strolling group of musicians! That's my vote.

Do the Mexican Culinary Experience. After an AMAZING few hours cooking, drinking, eating and drinking, you can spend as long as you want there, at Playa Mia. If you want to take your excursion bus back, you have to be there at the appointed time, but you can grab your own cab back to the pier if you want; just keep your eye on the time.

Check out the ship's Passion Island excursion. We did it on Grandeur in 2006. You take a bus from the pier, for a 1/2 hour ride to where you board a small boat to the private island. The tour guide on the bus is entertaining and informative. He will also help you with your needs on the beach. Open bar and free lunch buffet included in your price.

This is a private island and ONLY available to cruise ship pax that have booked thru the cruise line. We had a wonderful time there. There are no solicitors on the beach. There is a small souvenir/tee shirt/gift area that you can either visit or easilly avoid.

The water is crystal clear and you can walk out quite a ways before the water gets deep. This is the beach where they filmed those exotic beer commercials.

Can't recall the price, but with a tremendous beach, beautiful water, beach chairs and tables and bar and buffet all included in the price, it was a great deal.

We'll do it again.

Rick and Deirdra

The dune buggy excursion was a lot of fun. Plus you got to see a lot of the island and have fun doing it!!

Paradise beach is ok, however I was not impressed. Very crowded with wall to wall beach chairs.

Disappointed in Chankanaab. was there last year. It used to be great. Appears now to have become another tourist trap.

Try something new!!

I have read some stories and saw some pretty disturbing pictures of the Horses on Cozumel. Very malnourished and unhealthy. Now, I like animals but am hardly a PETA type but these pictures looked baaaad. I'm sure it's not all of the horses on the island but maybe take a look see at the condition of the ones you use before forking over the money.

Do the Mexican Culinary Experience. After an AMAZING few hours cooking, drinking, eating and drinking, you can spend as long as you want there, at Playa Mia. If you want to take your excursion bus back, you have to be there at the appointed time, but you can grab your own cab back to the pier if you want; just keep your eye on the time.

I've done this one and it was wonderful. Open bar, good food (or great depending on how good of a cook you are :cool: ), beach time, etc. Would love to do it again.

Archived