majesty vs sovereign

momxthree

both have same itineraries, different ports they depart from but either works for us. any input on ship choice? also do either have tables for two in the dining room?

I've been on both of these ships. They are almost identical at approx. 74,000 GRT. When these ships were first built, they were the standard that all new ships followed--truly forerunners of the modern cruise ships. Both have been refurbished and upgraded in recent years. The Majesty sails from Miami, and the Sovereign from Port Canaveral. So if the itineraries and the ships are the same, then you should consider which port of embarkation works best for you. If you're flying, then Miami is an easier airport because it's a short and inexpensive taxi drive from the Port of Miami. If you sail out of Pt. Canaveral, and you are flying in and out of Orlando airport, then you're looking at a longer and more expensive transfer to the port. If you're driving, then which port is closer to your home? I don't remember seeing tables for two on these ships. There might be some, but if there are, there aren't many. When you make your reservation, you can ask at that time.

Regardless of which ship you choose, you should have a terrific time. They are smaller and more intimate ships by today's standard, but they are lovely. Happy cruising!

Karen

And yes, they both have tables for two............I havent come across a RCCL ship that hasnt yet.

Heres another thread that was started this morning.............same question..............you might get more input there too...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=719504

As always if you want good information go to the house of Parrot :p PH has never let me down and I have not ever seen anyone else she has steered wrong. Now if We can only get on the same cruise together ;)

As always if you want good information go to the house of Parrot :p PH has never let me down and I have not ever seen anyone else she has steered wrong. Now if We can only get on the same cruise together ;)

Come on now,you know about the ULTIMATE FLORIDAN CRUISE....come on now,book..........its sooooooooooooooooooooo cheap.....:D

Come on now,you know about the ULTIMATE FLORIDAN CRUISE....come on now,book..........its sooooooooooooooooooooo cheap.....:D

LOL yes I do Going to the thread for a memory refresh. I can't remember for more than a day or two ;)

. Both have been refurbished and upgraded in recent years. Karen

Soverign was refurb'd ?(I have never been on it) I thought they were selling it to another cruise line and it wouldn't be refurb'd. We did enjoy Majesty last year.

SS was refurbished in 2005 and there was a TV show about it.......thats when they added the balconies....

Yes and it is a pity that Pullmantur is getting this ship so soon too. I'd have been very content with SOS and MOS in PC now we are going to have Monarch and Mystery Freedom Class. Liberty of the Seas seems to be a common pick for this. Either way I'll cruise one or the other. Now for March and the announcement. Kathy, the envelope please....... Drum roll inserted here and the choice is.................... Blank Blank of the Seas ;)

The Sovereign does not go to Key West. The 4 night itinerary for the Majesty goes to Nassau, Coco Cay (if you're lucky to get good enough weather to tender) and to Key West. The Sovereign 4 night goes to Coco Cay (again, maybe it will, maybe it won't), then to Nassau, then has a sea day. But if Sovereign doesn't make it to Coco Cay on the first day it's scheduled, they will try again on the sea day if the weather is better.

On the 3 night Sovereign & Majesty itineraries, they both go to Coco Cay and Nassau. They just alternate days to each so only one is at Coco Cay at a time.

I have been on both ships (Majesty twice) and loved them both. But I will say that I enjoyed the precruise stay in Miami on South Beach before boarding the Majesty more than I did the precruise day in Cocoa Beach when cruising out of Port Canaveral. The transportation situation was easier from the airport to the hotel to the ship in Miami than it was in Port Canaveral. But you really can't go wrong with either ship. Majesty was just refurbished the beginning of last year and Sovereign was refurbed over 3 years ago. I may sway just a bit toward the Majesty as far as decor is considered though as I've been on them both in less than 11 months (just got off the Sovereign 3 days ago) and I've seen both after their reburbs.

Have a great cruise whichever you choose.

Archived