Misty Fjords Flightseeing-Airsick?

mp006

I'm about ready to book our floatplane excursion in Ketchikan, but I have one last question. Is it common for people to get airsick on the floatplane? I sometimes have a problem with motion sickness and use dramamine or the patch occasionally on the ship.

I'm about ready to book our floatplane excursion in Ketchikan, but I have one last question. Is it common for people to get airsick on the floatplane? I sometimes have a problem with motion sickness and use dramamine or the patch occasionally on the ship.

I am not sure that it is common but you have to think of yourself here. If you are prone to motion sickness I would certainly take the medication so that you are not ill on this excursion. I have a problem with small planes and I certainly would take the precaution so that I would not have a problem.

Marilyn

There were a few minutes before take-off when the plane was rocking that I felt worried about this - but it was VERY short-lived, and only because the water there was rough at the moment. Once in the air there was NOOO problem! But as others have said - take precautions. I really don't think you'll have any regrets for taking the chance - it's soooooo beautiful!!!

I have flown a lot in Misty Fjords. It can involve a lot of dipping in and out of the fjords. I have seen people sick.

There is no way to predict, so taking precautions for people who are prone, is the only advice to consider.

Archived