Anyone with kids Cruising Mariner of the Seas 5/25/08

Traveling with 2 kids age 13 and 7. My 13 year old would love to email other kids his age before the trip. If you are interested please post and we can exchange email addresses.

This is our first cruise and everyone is just so excited about it.

Well, we are not going in May but wish we were. We sailed on the Mariner last Nov and had a wonderful time. Our children are about the same age. My son is 9y and enjoyed the organized activities from the start. He is a bit shy when making friends on his own but will jump right in to a group activity and he really enjoyed himself. Made lots of friends. We couldn't walk anywhere on the ship with him without another child walking up to him to say "hi" and away he went. My 12y daughter is another story. Very resistant to the teen lounge or activities. I started talking with a family while at Labadee that had a daughter the same age as mine with the same "teen" complex. As luck would have it, the 2 girls had so much in common. They were like sisters by the end of the cruise and still keep in touch. There is so much for the kids to do on the ship with organized activities and no-parent-allowed (but supervised) teen areas but they may still need a little nudge to get started. Trying to hook up is a good idea to help break the ice. You may have more luck if you go to the roll call section and see if someone has started a roll call for your ship date. If not, you can be the first to start it up :D . Have a great time. Mariner is a beautiful ship. We hope to sail on her one more time before she goes to the west coast.

Archived