South America the right way

westmount

First things first, there really is a Granny Lohr. Secondly, if you're going to go on a 24/41/81 day trip down there, Seabourn is the ONLY way to go. While it seemed sometimes that we were young enough to be the great grandchildren of some passengers, most of them were so great and fun, and age is something that only matters between the ears. There is no other ship, that you can actually make real friends with ten or more couples that could possibly even last. There were some really fine, guest, but to tell you the truth, it's all about the staff. We had some terrible days at sea, a blueberry shortage (this is a bad thing on Seabourn..really)

good weather in strange places, and bad weather in spots not supposed to be. The one constant was the unbelievable staff. Putting up with a group that wants everything fresh, hot, pink, and of course NOW, is always met with a smile. We had trouble for a bit getting into Brazil, but let me tell you, we spent three hours at Dulles today due to one immigration officer for 300 foreigners with "six" for the 70 Americans. After that, it was two hours more as everyone from our flight from Rio needed to go through a surprise agriculture machine test, with the happy TV welcoming us all to America. The point is that travel is not always easy, but Seabourn makes it very, very simple to take. A tip for into the staff fund seemed the right way to go, as how do you choose. This is it for me with CC for now, as must now go to work to pay for the next trip. Seems I was refused my initial request for the published rates from Singapore to Shanghai due to capacity pricing changes, so maybe Seabourn isn't exactly perfect, they're still very, very good.

regards and thank you Seabourn, 24 great days

Westmount

Archived