Dominican Republic Advisory from US Dept of States

Fidel2Cruise

First thought - Dengue fever and Malaria - ack! Then I read that there are cases of Malaria in Texas - reality check. It looks like most cases occur in rural areas.

Thanks for the link. We're doing the zipline canopy tour (mosquito land) so we'll be sure to wear good bug spray and probably long pants.

First thought - Dengue fever and Malaria - ack! Then I read that there are cases of Malaria in Texas - reality check. It looks like most cases occur in rural areas.

Thanks for the link. We're doing the zipline canopy tour (mosquito land) so we'll be sure to wear good bug spray and probably long pants.

Yes definitely use bug spray. We did this tour on our cruise this past Christmas and had a blast. We used bug spray and we were fine. But those who didnt were rather uncomfy on the trip back to the ship (with numerous bites)

I bought some 99% DEET deep woods spray yesterday for my cruise pile o' stuff. We're sailing at the end of March. Hopefully it will still be cool enough for lightweight pants. My DD and I are mosquito magnets!

Archived