Disability Assistance, tipping?

sk8teacher

While this is not actually cruise related, I know there are some knowledgeable folks here so I thought I would ask.

My wife is flying tomorrow, and has a stress fracture on her right foot, and has a walking boot on. She is going to request assistance getting from check in, through security, and to the gate as she simply cannot stand for very long nor walk long distances.

Assuming she gets assistance, should she tip the person helping?:confused:

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Cheers,

I have to have wheelchair assist whenever I fly or join a ship (can get around on my own if I do not have to carry anything and can rest if need be)

I tip $5, normally, but recently tipped $10, the "helper" enquired if I wished to stop and buy food, and if I wished to stop at the rest room close by the gate as I had some time to wait. I felt she deserved the extra for her extra consideration of my needs.

Thank you for the reply, I will pass on your thoughts to my DW before she returns. I hadn't thought about anything extra other than getting her through security and to the gate. But you are right, a bathroom break or stopping for food is indeed above and beyond routine.

Cheers,

Archived