Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

After reading several pages of this wonderfully helpful thread, I think I have learned enough to ask for help deciding between two choices. We fly into Seattle on a Saturday in September...11:00 am if it's on time. Our cruise is out of Vancouver...4:00 departure on Sunday.

Choice A...stay at the Silver Cloud that night so that we can walk to Amtrak and take the early train to Vancouver on Sunday morning. Have to be on the ship by 2:00...nervous if there are problems with the train arriving on time.

Choice B...try to catch the 4:00 sailing of a one night cruise Seattle to Vancouver on the same ship we will be leaving on Sunday. Have to be on the ship by 2:00...a little nervous about this choice because of the time...what if we miss the ship due to flight delays...this is the cheaper choice though.

What do you think? Is there a better plan C? Thank you so much for all this help!!!

Unfortunately, Plan B is out altogether. It is a violation of the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) and you would be subject to a $300 per person fine. If you can do it on a different ship, you can get away with it, but there are generally not more than one ship leaving here for the one night booze cruise on the same day.

You can always take the Amtrak bus or the QuickShuttle bus up to Vancouver the day that you arrive here and stay up there overnight, then you wouldn't have to worry about missing the ship. The QuickShuttle leaves directly from SeaTac and stops at most of the downtown YVR hotels.

http://www.quickcoach.com/

I personally take the train up to YVR when leaving there on a cruise, and haven't missed a ship yet, but there is always a first time for everything and it is not worth losing sleep over....

Another RN (Cardiac) here, albeit very happily retired for 3 years now. I have not forgotten what it was like needing to get the batteries recharges by the best type of vacation - - a cruise.

All this info about the difficulties to be expected at Pier 91 makes me all the more sure I want to get a hotel room thru Princess and have them do the transfer to the ship.

This sounds like a good idea....

I just booked with Princess yesterday and they were quoting me prices for a doubletree w/ transfer. I rather do the Westin with a transfer. There's definitely something to be said to have Princess wisk you away and take care of it all right from the beginning.

Has anyone gotten anykind of price quotes for the Westin with transfer?

I'm going to try and get a hold of my vacation planner and see what that rate would be... might take me a day or two, keep you informed.

Thanks. Larry

I just called the Residence Inn Lake in Seattle and got a price for the cruise package I think it is a pretty good price so now I have to decide if I should book it or not. Is there alot of stuff close by within walking distance like Pikes Market, Space Needle things like that?

Did they say anything about a transfer included?

Honestly with all the food on the ship for a week, any packages that include stay and food aren't as appealing as the ones that may include a transfer....

Does anyone know of any of the hotels including a transfer. I've heard that the Silver Cloud Stadium location did transfers, BUT that was when the pier location was back at terminal 30.

I know in the past there's not much savings if any with booking with Princess, except for the conveinence factor.

Have a good day:)

Honestly with all the food on the ship for a week, any packages that include stay and food aren't as appealing as the ones that may include a transfer....

Does anyone know of any of the hotels including a transfer. I've heard that the Silver Cloud Stadium location did transfers, BUT that was when the pier location was back at terminal 30.

I know in the past there's not much savings if any with booking with Princess, except for the conveinence factor.

As far as I know, the Residence Inn does NOT have a van, but the Silver Cloud just down the block does.

SeattleCruiselover,

We are a question for you, we are staying at the Homewood Suites how do you rank that hotel? We have stayed at another one in a different state it was nice. What is your opinion of this one? And is it far from the Pier where NCL Pearl leaves from? And do you know what Pier it does leave from? :DThanks so much for any advice you have.

SeattleCruiselover,

We are a question for you, we are staying at the Homewood Suites how do you rank that hotel? We have stayed at another one in a different state it was nice. What is your opinion of this one? And is it far from the Pier where NCL Pearl leaves from? And do you know what Pier it does leave from? :DThanks so much for any advice you have.

There are two Homewood Suites downtown and one near the airport. Which one are you staying at, so that I can answer your question appropriately?

NCL leaves from Pier 66, right downtown.

The Silver Cloud Stadium hotel is providing transportation to the new pier.

TazzMann

As far as I know, the Residence Inn does NOT have a van, but the Silver Cloud just down the block does.

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I didn't think the Residnece Inn did shuttles.

I'm thinking that we would arrive the day before and stay with the Princess hotel of choice and use their transfer.

If you don't mind, what would you suggest for post cruise? We would like to spend Sunday night and Monday night *2 nights* after the cruise in Seattle. I'm having a hard time locating something downtown. How is the Sheraton Downtown there near Pikes? It seems like the rates are less for a fri/sat stay vs a sun/mon stay. It would be for a family of 4, kids are 6 and 8, was trying to find something around $200.

Thanks Larry :)

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I didn't think the Residnece Inn did shuttles.

I'm thinking that we would arrive the day before and stay with the Princess hotel of choice and use their transfer.

If you don't mind, what would you suggest for post cruise? We would like to spend Sunday night and Monday night *2 nights* after the cruise in Seattle. I'm having a hard time locating something downtown. How is the Sheraton Downtown there near Pikes? It seems like the rates are less for a fri/sat stay vs a sun/mon stay. It would be for a family of 4, kids are 6 and 8, was trying to find something around $200.

Thanks Larry :)

Princess' hotel in SEA is the Westin, which is a very nice downtown property.

Sheraton is a great hotel, newly renovated and expanded, and a lot of people got it for about $150 a night on priceline last year. Rack rate is about $239 for two, so a quad room would, naturally, be somewhat higher.

The Silver Cloud Stadium hotel is providing transportation to the new pier.

TazzMann

Thanks TazzMann! Have you stayed there? How did you find that out?

By the way, how is that Silver Cloud Stadium? I know its right by the old pier and the football/baseball stadiums. It seems like an updated hotel.

I think on the website they say that they do shuttles also to the area attractions? Whatever insight you can give me, I appreciate it. The rates there for our time of travel seemed pretty good.

Thanks!!

Princess' hotel in SEA is the Westin, which is a very nice downtown property.

Sheraton is a great hotel, newly renovated and expanded, and a lot of people got it for about $150 a night on priceline last year. Rack rate is about $239 for two, so a quad room would, naturally, be somewhat higher.

Thanks everyone!!! Not only quick on the spot, but you are all very informative as well. I'm glad to have found your thread. Lots of good reading material in here.

I'll check the rates with my SPG membership as well as AAA and see what they are giving me there at the Sheraton. It seems nice as you say.

:)

Thanks TazzMann! Have you stayed there? How did you find that out?

By the way, how is that Silver Cloud Stadium? I know its right by the old pier and the football/baseball stadiums. It seems like an updated hotel.

I think on the website they say that they do shuttles also to the area attractions? Whatever insight you can give me, I appreciate it. The rates there for our time of travel seemed pretty good.

Thanks!!

I have not stayed there before but sent an inquiry before I knew that the pier location would be changed in 2009.

The guest services manager advised me via email that they would provide shuttle service to the new pier (as well as other locations downtown Pike Market, Space Needle etc...)

I only know the property from their website (and email correspondence).

I chose this hotel because we are going to a Mariners (vs Twins) game post cruise. The hotel is adjacent to Safeco Field.

I have not stayed there before but sent an inquiry before I knew that the pier location would be changed in 2009.

The guest services manager advised me via email that they would provide shuttle service to the new pier (as well as other locations downtown Pike Market, Space Needle etc...)

I only know the property from their website (and email correspondence).

I chose this hotel because we are going to a Mariners (vs Twins) game post cruise. The hotel is adjacent to Safeco Field.

Yeah you can't go wrong there, especially since you are going to the game. I may stay there the one night before the cruise then if they will do a shuttle to the ship. I am waiting to get a price from Princess.

The place and rooms look nice from their website.

I booked a 2 night stay post Princess cruise at the Sheraton downtown. Hopefully that will be fine then. I was too chicken to try Priceline or Hotwire, maybe I still will since I have a ton of time before the July sail.

When you travel with your family, you gotta know in advance....

Larry

I'm so sorry its the Homewood Suites Downtown. Thanks again.

I'm assuming that is the new one on Pike St up the hill a bit from downtown. I have never stayed there, but it appears to be nice on the outside. The one on Elliott/Western is a very nice property, well taken care of, and reasonably priced. That one (Elliott) is very close to Pier 66 (probably less than a mile), other one maybe two miles away.

Last year the one up the hill had a contract shuttle that would take you to the pier for about $6 per person. Don't know if they will be doing this year or not.

Both offer full breakfast, and happy hour snacks every day.

I'm assuming that is the new one on Pike St up the hill a bit from downtown. I have never stayed there, but it appears to be nice on the outside. The one on Elliott/Western is a very nice property, well taken care of, and reasonably priced. That one (Elliott) is very close to Pier 66 (probably less than a mile), other one maybe two miles away.

Last year the one up the hill had a contract shuttle that would take you to the pier for about $6 per person. Don't know if they will be doing this year or not.

Both offer full breakfast, and happy hour snacks every day.

I looked at our reservation and the address is 206 Western Avenue West so that would be the one you say is a very nice property, and close to Pier 66???

Does anyone know what Princess is charging for a one night pre-cruise stay at their hotel of choice?

I just got off the phone with Princess, they said it's Westin Downtown and Doubletree Airport as the two choices, as previously mentioned in this fourm.

The Doubletree was less money, it was $99 for the first two passengers and $59 for the 3rd and 4th, plus your tax. It came to about $329 for my family of 4 for the Sat night before our cruise on 7/19. I may just bite the bullet here and do it since they handle pre transfers so well and take care of getting the luggage to the ship. With the new pier location who knows what thats gonna be like.

It makes for the first day or of the start of the cruise to be very easy and stress free, a lot can be said about that it. I used Princess transfers in the past and have been pleased.

I just got off the phone with Princess, they said it's Westin Downtown and Doubletree Airport as the two choices, as previously mentioned in this fourm.

The Doubletree was less money, it was $99 for the first two passengers and $59 for the 3rd and 4th, plus your tax. It came to about $329 for my family of 4 for the Sat night before our cruise on 7/19. I may just bite the bullet here and do it since they handle pre transfers so well and take care of getting the luggage to the ship. With the new pier location who knows what thats gonna be like.

It makes for the first day or of the start of the cruise to be very easy and stress free, a lot can be said about that it. I used Princess transfers in the past and have been pleased.

Hey, I LIVE here and I've been thinking about staying at the Westin the night before and taking the transfers, just to avoid any potential mess.......who knows, I may yet.

Archived