Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Hey, I LIVE here and I've been thinking about staying at the Westin the night before and taking the transfers, just to avoid any potential mess.......who knows, I may yet.

LOL, there you go then. If you are considering it and you LIVE there, that's enough to make up my mind. Thanks.

Hey, Teresa, how are things?

Things are great. Enjoying some winter weather in Texas...we needed it to kill the bugs and give the trees a chance to recharge.

We have a cruise planned for Sept out of NYC with Yvonne and Brian. Looking forward to it.

How have you been?

I can tell you that I was pleased with my stay at the Sheraton last year. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, lots of stuff to do around it.

We too stayed at the Sheraton in Sept 2008 for two nights, precruise. It was a great location and we walked all over the place. One day we walked from the hotel to Pikes, then over the Space Needle and back to hotel. We got a $109 rate per night by booking a 4 star or greater on Hotwire.

Things are great. Enjoying some winter weather in Texas...we needed it to kill the bugs and give the trees a chance to recharge.

We have a cruise planned for Sept out of NYC with Yvonne and Brian. Looking forward to it.

How have you been?

Back to work after six months off sick.......working my tushy off. Made it through the Christmas snow storm not too much the worse for the wear, and looking forward to our September cruise (we were going to do CB out of NYC, too, but decided we couldn't afford the transportation costs, so we are going out of here, and got our same mini-suite as we had last year for less than half the cost :o)

Back to work after six months off sick.......working my tushy off. Made it through the Christmas snow storm not too much the worse for the wear, and looking forward to our September cruise (we were going to do CB out of NYC, too, but decided we couldn't afford the transportation costs, so we are going out of here, and got our same mini-suite as we had last year for less than half the cost :o)

Are you going back to AK? We are using miles to get to NYC and stayin there several days precuise.

Are you going back to AK? We are using miles to get to NYC and stayin there several days precuise.

Yep, going back to AK.

We were going to go out of NYC on 3 Sep to Canada/New England (maybe next year if the economy settles down). This year cheap trumps everything else and, besides, we LIKE Alaska so it is no big deal to go back again (I'm still thinking about moving up there permanently).

We are planning on staying at the Inn at the Market on June 4th (a Thursday) but I noticed that the market closes fairly early. Do the restaraunts there stay open later? Are there other things to do/ see in the nearby area or would you reccommend staying somewhere near Pioneer Square like the Alexis or Artic?

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice. :D

We are planning on staying at the Inn at the Market on June 4th (a Thursday) but I noticed that the market closes fairly early. Do the restaraunts there stay open later? Are there other things to do/ see in the nearby area or would you reccommend staying somewhere near Pioneer Square like the Alexis or Artic?

Thanks for all of your wonderful advice. :D

The restaurants stay open longer than the market proper. The Arctic is undergoing some major upheaval right now (and it has been open less than a year).....I would stay away from there.

OK, I am trying to get through this thread and I am sure the answer is buried somewhere, so I hope you don't mind if I ask what is possibly a repetitive question.

We are sailing on the Pacific Princess from Pier 91 on Thursday, May 14th. What is our best bet for getting from the airport to the pier? I see Shuttle Express and Taxi.......of course Grayline only goes Fri, Sat and Sun......and we sail on a Thurs......so that's not an option. Am I missing any other choices other than the Princess transfer (which are too expensive)?

Thanks in advance.

OK, I am trying to get through this thread and I am sure the answer is buried somewhere, so I hope you don't mind if I ask what is possibly a repetitive question.

We are sailing on the Pacific Princess from Pier 91 on Thursday, May 14th. What is our best bet for getting from the airport to the pier? I see Shuttle Express and Taxi.......of course Grayline only goes Fri, Sat and Sun......and we sail on a Thurs......so that's not an option. Am I missing any other choices other than the Princess transfer (which are too expensive)?

Thanks in advance.

About the only other option for a Thursday departure would be a town car service, most of which are competive price wise with taxis, but far more comfortable....:o

My personal favorite is Already There Town Car

http://www.alreadytheretowncar.com

About the only other option for a Thursday departure would be a town car service, most of which are competive price wise with taxis, but far more comfortable....:o

My personal favorite is Already There Town Car

http://www.alreadytheretowncar.com

Since you're talking about the town car service, I had a question for you.

What is your opinion for disembarking from the ship in Seattle, do you suggest we use this type of service to get to our downtown hotel (sheraton) or a different method?

Also have you had or know of anyone doing the seattle excursion with princess following their cruise? I think it takes you to Pike's market and the SPace Needle. The only thought with that is since we are staying at the Sheraton following the cruise for 2 nights, we may want to do those on our own at our own leisure.

I'm just thinking of ways to get off the ship to the hotel (sheraton) with ease! Thanks

Does anyone know if the Sheraton Downton has any shuttle service to the Airport or any other Seattle attraction?

Larry :)

Since you're talking about the town car service, I had a question for you.

What is your opinion for disembarking from the ship in Seattle, do you suggest we use this type of service to get to our downtown hotel (sheraton) or a different method?

Also have you had or know of anyone doing the seattle excursion with princess following their cruise? I think it takes you to Pike's market and the SPace Needle. The only thought with that is since we are staying at the Sheraton following the cruise for 2 nights, we may want to do those on our own at our own leisure.

I'm just thinking of ways to get off the ship to the hotel (sheraton) with ease! Thanks

Does anyone know if the Sheraton Downton has any shuttle service to the Airport or any other Seattle attraction?

Larry :)

I don't believe that the Sheraton has a shuttle (at least not the last time I asked). The Princess post cruise excursions are only for those flying out same day, because they end at the airport. I would take a taxi to the hotel, it's not all that far. For sightseeing (without luggage) just use the Metro buses....they are relatively inexpensive (even though the fare went up another quarter today...AGAIN!) and go pretty much anywhere you want to go that you think is too far to walk.

I don't believe that the Sheraton has a shuttle (at least not the last time I asked). The Princess post cruise excursions are only for those flying out same day, because they end at the airport. I would take a taxi to the hotel, it's not all that far. For sightseeing (without luggage) just use the Metro buses....they are relatively inexpensive (even though the fare went up another quarter today...AGAIN!) and go pretty much anywhere you want to go that you think is too far to walk.

I agree on the Taxi to the hotel - we're not New York, but there are plenty of Taxis to be had in Seattle.

And - the Metro busses are largely free in the downtown area, so you won't need to worry about the fare hike unless you leave the downtown area.

The Space Needle is out of the free ride area, but I recommend taking the monorail there anyway - it seems like the appropriate way to arrive at the Space Needle.

We are staying at the Sheraton for our cruise in June and they don't offer any shuttle. We are using the Double Decker hop on hop off bus to sightsee. It is 22.89 and includes the next day free. I hope this helps. A HUGE THANK YOU to Karen for helping all of us out. I have gotten a ton of information I wouldn't have had if it wasn't for you so Thanks, Tanya

Not to mention the fact that it often takes an hour or more to get luggage, especially if there are many flights landing at the same time (one baggage claim for the whole terminal area. Then you have to get everyone and their baggage loaded into the transportation.

Then there comes the problem that, with the new Terminal 91, you will be dropped off a long way from the terminal and have to wait for a shuttle bus to take you and your luggage to the actual point of embarkation (this means loading and unloading you and your group's luggage out of the airport transportation, onto the shuttle, and off the shuttle again when you get to the physical terminal building.

SeattleCruiseLover: We are arriving SeaTac at 9:50 A.M. from Oakland, CA on the same day we board the Golden Princess. I am seriously thinking of buying Princess Roundtrip transfers. My question is, do you or anyone know if the Princess Shuttle takes us directly into the physical terminal building, Pier 91?

We are staying at the Sheraton for our cruise in June and they don't offer any shuttle. We are using the Double Decker hop on hop off bus to sightsee. It is 22.89 and includes the next day free. I hope this helps. A HUGE THANK YOU to Karen for helping all of us out. I have gotten a ton of information I wouldn't have had if it wasn't for you so Thanks, Tanya

Tanya: You (and everyone else, of course) are more than welcome. It is a privilege for us to host all of you fine people, even if only for a day or less. If there is anything else I can do to help, do just let me know.

Not to mention the fact that it often takes an hour or more to get luggage, especially if there are many flights landing at the same time (one baggage claim for the whole terminal area. Then you have to get everyone and their baggage loaded into the transportation.

Then there comes the problem that, with the new Terminal 91, you will be dropped off a long way from the terminal and have to wait for a shuttle bus to take you and your luggage to the actual point of embarkation (this means loading and unloading you and your group's luggage out of the airport transportation, onto the shuttle, and off the shuttle again when you get to the physical terminal building.

SeattleCruiseLover: We are arriving SeaTac at 9:50 A.M. from Oakland, CA on the same day we board the Golden Princess. I am seriously thinking of buying Princess Roundtrip transfers. My question is, do you or anyone know if the Princess Shuttle takes us directly into the physical terminal building, Pier 91?

They will take you to the drop off area in the parking, just like everyone else. If you take a look at the link for the satellite photo (a page or so back), you can see about how far away that is.

They will take you to the drop off area in the parking, just like everyone else. If you take a look at the link for the satellite photo (a page or so back), you can see about how far away that is.

Would you agree though, with the Princess transfer at least your luggage would proceed to the ship w/o your worries or having to unload and reload? Only concern will be of yourself moving forward....

Yes, I too agree totally with Tanya about the information you provide to us on this forum. It has been a great help! and I too appreciate it.

Thanks for your response also to my question. I think we'll just catch a cab then to the Sheraton and explore on our own for the few days we are there. I was just thinking of other options, as comfort level for the family is important to me.

Thanks! GO Cardinals!

:)

Larry

Would you agree though, with the Princess transfer at least your luggage would proceed to the ship w/o your worries or having to unload and reload? Only concern will be of yourself moving forward....

Yes, I too agree totally with Tanya about the information you provide to us on this forum. It has been a great help! and I too appreciate it.

Thanks for your response also to my question. I think we'll just catch a cab then to the Sheraton and explore on our own for the few days we are there. I was just thinking of other options, as comfort level for the family is important to me.

Thanks! GO Cardinals!

:)

Larry

Unless they change things this year, you have to collect your luggage from the side of the bus and turn it over to the stevedores yourself----security issue---but they should be standing right there to collect it, too.

I have now read through every page of this thread, the information has been invaluable! We are sailing on the Star Princess Aug 30. We are a group of 8 people and I have a couple of questions.

We have booked a couple of rooms at the Quality Inn and Suites on Aurora, price was reasonable and gives us the space/bed configuration we are looking for. Any opinions on the hotel itself? its location in relation to restaurants, pike market etc.

We also have been looking for transportation options from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport. I will contact already there...any other suggestions for a shuttle that will accomodate all of us?

I have now read through every page of this thread, the information has been invaluable! We are sailing on the Star Princess Aug 30. We are a group of 8 people and I have a couple of questions.

We have booked a couple of rooms at the Quality Inn and Suites on Aurora, price was reasonable and gives us the space/bed configuration we are looking for. Any opinions on the hotel itself? its location in relation to restaurants, pike market etc.

We also have been looking for transportation options from airport to hotel, hotel to ship and ship to airport. I will contact already there...any other suggestions for a shuttle that will accomodate all of us?

I would use the town car from airport to hotel and maybe pier to airport. You could either use them from hotel to pier or take a taxi (pretty much a wash on cost there, but town car's service is better).

Another option for pier to airport is:

http://www.graylineseattle.com/cruiseexpress1.cfm

The price for this has gone up since 2008, so the town car might still be the most cost effective, but you can do comparison shopping to be sure.

Archived