NCL Spirit...eating departure day and arrival day

ilovewdw

We plan to be onboard as soon as possible! My question is, what do we do right when we get onboard? Is there a dining room that is open right away? Will there be choices of where we can go have lunch when we get on the ship? Also, what about dinner that night. I heard something about Lobster night in the main dining rooms. What if you don't eat Lobster? Is there anything else that stands out on the menu that would make you choose the main dining room over one of the specialty restaurants?

Now onto arrival day...it says we get into port at 9am. It also says we are free to relax until we have to get off the ship. Is there a specific restaurant we can eat breakfast/brunch before we disembark? Or are there other choices as well?

Thanks in advance!

To answer your question.

When you board, they will try to run you to the buffet. It is fine, but the main dining room is open, and quiet.

As to Lobster, unless something has changed, it is not on the first night. If it is, do not worry, as there will be multiple options of dinner.

If you want to LEARN way more, you would do yourself a big favor by scanning though postings for the past few weeks, or more. Spirit cruisers have been great to provide mini reveiws on a weekly basis. You really should read them, because many of them are no longer active and will not provide responses.

When you arrive on board both the buffet (Raffles - where they will direct you for lunch) and the main dining room (Windows) will be open for lunch. We had a lovely leisurely lunch in the dining room and then the cabins were ready by 2:00 pm.

On arrival Raffles will be open early as well as the Windows dining room. You can have a relatively leisurely breakfast, and although it says you can relax in your cabin until disembarkation, the stewards are anxious to get the cabins made up for the new guests so one of the public areas/lounges is a better option once you have had breakfast.

Enjoy!!

I'd never thought about it until a recent poster said that the reason they ask you to go to the buffet is that the other personnel really need to get ready for the muster drill. I have decided, I will not go out of my way to make life harder for the staff. I'm so happy to be on the ship; I'd be glad to go to the buffet. But, I'm usually so excited that I'm not hungry anyway.

as much as everyone will tell you to go to windows...you will be missing something. the aft area, just outside the buffet is wonderful...great views. there are 2 decks of chairs....bar service. it's quiet, room to move around.

you go to the buffet, grab a couple plates of food..head to the back and the whole area just opens up. if the weather is nice, it's the place to be...i would put in some photos...but this site is having problems and won't upload the photos. you can go to my link for webshots and to to the file for leaving new orleans.

Archived