NCL Spirit Beds

ilovewdw

I am just FULL of questions today! ;)

We are a family of 4...me, DH, DS who is 6, and DD who is almost 3. We are in an inside cabin, mid ship on deck 9. I have a question about the bed(s) that come out from the wall. Are there railings on them? If not, can you request them? My DS will be the one to sleep there, and I want to make sure it is safe for him. I don't want him to fall out!

Looking at the pic of the cabin, it looks like there is one bed on the wall...where is the 4th bed? Is it UNDER our beds? Just wondering where DD will sleep? :confused: Who am I kidding? She will probably sleep with me regardless! :p

ilovewdw,

When we were in an inside on the Spirit, we had one bed that folded out from the wall. It had a small rail, and was adequate for our 3 yr old granddaughter. There was a trundle bed under one of the beds, and also there was a chair that opened into a bed. Hope this helps.

Arlene

I am just FULL of questions today! ;)

We are a family of 4...me, DH, DS who is 6, and DD who is almost 3. We are in an inside cabin, mid ship on deck 9. I have a question about the bed(s) that come out from the wall. Are there railings on them? If not, can you request them? My DS will be the one to sleep there, and I want to make sure it is safe for him. I don't want him to fall out!

Looking at the pic of the cabin, it looks like there is one bed on the wall...where is the 4th bed? Is it UNDER our beds? Just wondering where DD will sleep? :confused: Who am I kidding? She will probably sleep with me regardless! :p

We had an inside on the Spirit and I can describe it in one word, togetherness :D

There was a railing on the upper bed. Chuckie is correct, the fourth bed comes up from under one of the beds. The three lower beds form one big bed.

Also, there was a pull out bed from the "super chair" in our cabin. The mattress was really thin and the bed really did not fold out very well. The trundle was much more comfortable for our DD.

Ok, you'll have to look closely. This is an inside on the Spirit on deck 10. My dd is on the bunk, obviously. She did not have the rail up in this particular picture, but you can see it folded down. Our two boys are sitting on the twin beds on the bottom. The trundle pulled out from the bed on the left and completely filled the space between the two beds. We did not use the trundle, but pulled it out to see it. The trundle pretty much turned the two bottom beds into one big bed that filled the cabin. At the foot of the bed on the left was a chair with a cushion, but we didn't check to see if it folded out. At the foot of the bed on the right was the desk, and closet. The bathroom is on the left. The cabin was fine for our 3 children, but could be a really tight fit for any more than that.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CZtGjduxZsX8g

Ok, you'll have to look closely. This is an inside on the Spirit on deck 10. My dd is on the bunk, obviously. She did not have the rail up in this particular picture, but you can see it folded down. Our two boys are sitting on the twin beds on the bottom. The trundle pulled out from the bed on the left and completely filled the space between the two beds. We did not use the trundle, but pulled it out to see it. The trundle pretty much turned the two bottom beds into one big bed that filled the cabin. At the foot of the bed on the left was a chair with a cushion, but we didn't check to see if it folded out. At the foot of the bed on the right was the desk, and closet. The bathroom is on the left. The cabin was fine for our 3 children, but could be a really tight fit for any more than that.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CZtGjduxZsX8g

ilovewdw,

When we were in an inside on the Spirit, we had one bed that folded out from the wall. It had a small rail, and was adequate for our 3 yr old granddaughter. There was a trundle bed under one of the beds, and also there was a chair that opened into a bed. Hope this helps.

Arlene

Thanks so much! My 6 1/2 year old will be just fine.

We had an inside on the Spirit and I can describe it in one word, togetherness :D

There was a railing on the upper bed. Chuckie is correct, the fourth bed comes up from under one of the beds. The three lower beds form one big bed.

Also, there was a pull out bed from the "super chair" in our cabin. The mattress was really thin and the bed really did not fold out very well. The trundle was much more comfortable for our DD.

Togetherness...funny! :D But I am totally aware, though. 149 square feet...YAY! I hope we don't spend too much time in the room! :eek: And luckily, my kids are still small! ;)

I heard that you can request an egg carton foam mattress pad if the beds are too hard/uncomfortable. I DEFINITELY plan to do this as soon as I get onboard! ;)

just wondering, ill be traveling on the Dawn in an oceanview stateroom (porthole) is this the same bed setup?

Yes it will be the same set up with 1 upper and three lower.

I believe all of the newer ships are like this, Dawn, Star, Jewel, Gem, Jade, and Spirit.

We really liked the 2 upper and 2 lower bed set up on the Majesty better. It seems like lots of cruise lines do not do this set up anymore.

with the trundle bed up, it could look like the 1st photo i am posting. some cabins have the room to rearrange things to be like the 2nd photo i will try to post (the site is giving me problems with posting photos)

Wow ! Liked that first pic. I understand that the beds on the spirit are on the small side. Could we ask the room steward to open that lower bed and make a large supersized bed? :)

Archived