Millennium pictures posted

glgolfer

Nice pics! You did a great job of showing off the interior of the ship. If I were considering taking a first cruise on Mille I would appreciate the tour.

What kind of camera do you have? You took the best picture I've seen looking down the stairs of the grand foyer.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting the photos. You captured the ship and the islands so well, it made me feel like I was right there. We'll be sailing on Millie next month and I can't wait!

In your Labadee section of photos, #170....which beach is that in Labadee? The water looks nice and calm.

Thanks for sharing...very well done!

Cheers,

Tammy

Nice ship, but does need some work. Like all cruises, some great, some not so great. But, we've never had a bad cruise and this was very good overall.

We were on Millennium in December '06 and thought it was in rather good shape. Word was it was headed into drydock for some sprucing up spring '07. We'll be back on in a few months and I'm curious to know what work you think it needs. As much as X is our favorite cruise line, I wonder why it is that in recent years and more than other cruise lines, X seems to allow its ships to "wear" between drydock visits, rather than keep them fresh and current all the time by tending to fixes and spruce ups on an ongoing as needed basis, as do the other lines. By the way, great pix; thanks!

The sofas in our cabin and in some others we talked to were in terrible shape. The folks right under us (who we knew form the Connections party) said their cabin was in really bad shape.

In one of the pictures with the red/yellow square chairs, one of them is badly torn.

Nothing major, just a lot of little things that have been let go.

When we were on, when I got some pizza late at night, the coffee machines directly across were not working, you had to go find some that were. Sitting at one of the bars and the bar top was covered with fingerprints. It seemed they kept cleaning some places and not others.

Just little things that don't ruin a cruise, but get on your nerves after a while.

Friends of ours were on the Summit earlier this year and the bathroom had bad mold under the tiles. They were finally moved to another cabin after many promises it would be fixed and never was.

Makes you wonder if they cut back too far on staff and can't keep up.

The sofas in our cabin and in some others we talked to were in terrible shape. The folks right under us (who we knew form the Connections party) said their cabin was in really bad shape.

In one of the pictures with the red/yellow square chairs, one of them is badly torn.

Nothing major, just a lot of little things that have been let go.

When we were on, when I got some pizza late at night, the coffee machines directly across were not working, you had to go find some that were. Sitting at one of the bars and the bar top was covered with fingerprints. It seemed they kept cleaning some places and not others.

Just little things that don't ruin a cruise, but get on your nerves after a while.

Friends of ours were on the Summit earlier this year and the bathroom had bad mold under the tiles. They were finally moved to another cabin after many promises it would be fixed and never was.

Makes you wonder if they cut back too far on staff and can't keep up.

In other words, more wear and tear and housekeeping issues than we'd like to see on an X ship. No excuse really; the things you note sound like routine maintenance and could easily be taken care of on an as-needed basis. I'm still perplexed as to why X doesn't stay on top of these things - all ships, all the time.

Tammy - Sorry I took so long. #170 in the slide show of Labedee isn't a beach, but a building. Can you identify the picture with the Labadee number e.g. 25 or 32 just within the Labadee series? That would help.

Hi Paul,

It's 37. Sorry for the confusion. It's a photo of calm water, vacant loungers and an old building in the background...my recipe for a lovely beach day.

Thanks!

Tammy

Archived