How to get to from LAX to Star?

3 Dog Night

We're going on the NCL Star on March 15, flying into LAX on the evening before. How do you recommend getting from LAX to the cruise terminal? Also, we'd appreciate recommendations on lower-cost hotels in the area. Would we be better off staying close to the airport or close to the cruise terminal?

We're going on the NCL Star on March 15, flying into LAX on the evening before. How do you recommend getting from LAX to the cruise terminal? Also, we'd appreciate recommendations on lower-cost hotels in the area. Would we be better off staying close to the airport or close to the cruise terminal?

I'd find a hotel in San Pedro (use the priceline board on this web site to find the best price to bid. Or you can call the hotels that have the best bids and ask them if they'll match or better it) and stay there the night before the cruise. A taxi from LAX to San Pedro will cost you about $55 + tip. You should be able to get a hotel in San Pedro that will give you a transfer to the pier the day of the cruise. Take a Super Shuttle back to LAX from the pier when the ship returns. Usually about $17/person. Don

I'd find a hotel in San Pedro (use the priceline board on this web site to find the best price to bid. Or you can call the hotels that have the best bids and ask them if they'll match or better it) and stay there the night before the cruise. A taxi from LAX to San Pedro will cost you about $55 + tip. You should be able to get a hotel in San Pedro that will give you a transfer to the pier the day of the cruise. Take a Super Shuttle back to LAX from the pier when the ship returns. Usually about $17/person. Don

I agree with the advice above (1) get a hotel in San Pedro, as opposed to something close to LAX, and (2) try SuperShuttle from LAX to your hotel. Prices are very reasonable. We used it last year, and were happy with the service. I used to work in the LA/Long Beach Harbor Area, and we used the Vagabond Inn for clients. It's a motel, so nothing fancy, but still seems to get good reviews on sites like TripAdvisor.com., and it appears that they have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Have a wonderful trip!

Hey! I'm going on the same cruise!! Yeah!!

We are also flying in the night before. However, we won't get to LAX until 12:40 am on Saturday. So, I opted to stay at a close hotel. We are staying at the Doubletree for $107. Then, we will be taking the free shuttle back to LAX to catch Supershuttle to take us to the port. I've also reserved Supershuttle to pick us up when we get back to take us to LAX.

Hey, maybe we'll meet up on the cruise! We're getting in at LAX at 10:40 on Friday night and will take the hotel shuttle (staying at LaQuinta Inn and Suites) that night. We'll take the shuttle back to the airport in the morning and then take either Supershuttle or Prime Time Shuttle to the ship - haven't booked it yet. What time are you planning to catch the shuttle to the ship?

We will spend an extra day at the end of the cruise, so we're shuttling it back to the airport on Sunday. We're going to rent a car there and do some exploring around the area for the rest of the day. Think I'll post for some ideas of things to see and do with a day in LA!

Archived