Land packages in St. Petersburg, Russia

Daffodilgirl

We used Alla Tours in St. Petersburg this past summer while on the Constellation. We toured with them for two days.

They were terrific. Our guide and driver were wonderful.

There are three different tours that are offered in terms of the level of intensity. We took the comfort tour and it was great and saw everything we had hoped to see.

We were a party of six and it worked out wonderfully. Our guide got us into all the major sites with no wait time. We generally like the ship tours, but had heard that in St. Petersburg it is best to book with private companies because they can get tickets ahead of time and have leverage in terms of avoiding long waits. Other companies that have gotten good recommendations are Red October and Denrus.

Enjoy your cruise.

Nancy

If you haven't already done so, highy recommend you try the Roll Call portion. We were able to hook up with some others on the Century a few years back, and had a very enjoyable visit there with a Red October tour.

Used Red October last September and it was wonderful..6 of us hooked up off the roll call..our guide was Helen and she was terrific! LuAnn

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen good things about all three companies mentioned (Red October, Alla Tours and Denrus).

I have personal experience with Denrus. They set up two days of great touring for 8 of us in 2005 and I can heartily recommend them. A highlight of our two days was having lunch with a Russian family in their home. If that is an option offered, you should really do it. Our host was an artist who made jewelry. Naturally, he offered to sell us some. But it was beautiful work and I think less than the stores. Of course it is special for us as we bought it from the man who made it and got to see his workshop. The miniature egg pendant we bought is fantastic.

We were in St. Petersburg in June '07 for two days aboard the Star Princess and had a wonderful experience with Alla-Tour. There were 8 in our group. Our guide Julia and the driver met us at the ship as prearranged via email. They were very accomodating and reliable. I would use them again. The advantage of this company is that they did not require a deposit. We paid for our two-day tour on the morning of the second day.

Andrea

Used Red October last September and it was wonderful..6 of us hooked up off the roll call..our guide was Helen and she was terrific! LuAnn

http://www.redoctober.ru/products.html There is a contact button and also an email envelope to click on to send them a message. TheCCer worked with Irina and found she was excellent...It is the Russia site not the US site and they don't email on weekends. Our guide was Helen and she was top notch!! LuAnn

Archived