ISO: Camp Carnival activity list for 2-5 year olds on Carnival Glory?

mandolyn

Hi!

We're planning an eastern caribbean cruise on the Carnival Glory for the end of 2008. We have a soon-to-be two-year old (turns 2 in June). Does anyone have the activity list (are these called capers?) for camp carnival's 2-5 age group for the Glory?

Thank you!

Mandy

Yep, you can find many of the different kids pages at the link in my signature. The glory pages were retyped by a cruiser here (Biffer1997) and sent to me. So the whole week is on one page. Biffer's cruise was in June 07...so *some* activities could have changed but probably not many.

CarnivalCapersGlory2-5copy.jpg

What you see on a camp paper may not be whats happening on your selected week.

Camps vary from week to week depending on the number of kids.

Speaking to the hotel mgr on the Liberty he stated that many people come onboard expecting certain things by reading posted capers and camp papers and are getting quite pi$$y.

Use the camp papers as a guidance but dont hold it as it is not set in stone.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1299743275062547426lTfLmn

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1299742616062547426JqrrPm

What you see on a camp paper may not be whats happening on your selected week.

Camps vary from week to week depending on the number of kids.

Speaking to the hotel mgr on the Liberty he stated that many people come onboard expecting certain things by reading posted capers and camp papers and are getting quite pi$$y.

Use the camp papers as a guidance but dont hold it as it is not set in stone.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1299743275062547426lTfLmn

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1299742616062547426JqrrPm

Note that these are from 2005 and I can see some big differences between then and now too. (No Build A Buddy on those pages)

He said "many people"...really. The CC population is what 1-3% of cruisers? How many could possibly be reading capers before they board? lol

But that IS good advice. They are a guide, not a guarantee of what will be offered. :D

Thank you! Yes, I realize that it might not be the same for my cruise. I read somewhere that Camp Carnival closes during the dinner hour and basically left cartoons on for the kids for a lot of the day. I wanted to make sure that wasn't true, and it doesn't look like it is. Phew!

Does anyone know what is typically served during the children's dinner? And are snacks served at Camp Carnival? We are a health conscious family so we don't do the typical chicken nuggets and goldfish. Any idea if this will work for us?

Thanks again!

He said "many people"...really. The CC population is what 1-3% of cruisers? How many could possibly be reading capers before they board? lol

. :D

Many people visit sites like webshots or google and do searches for carnival camp activities-- and changing the words aound sometimes you get many pages.

Yep--CC is less then 1% of the crusiing world-- and I dont see those people creating havoc--coz if they were members they would know--dont believe everything you see in print.

We sailed the Liberty February 2006 and August 2007--wow whata difference in the camp papers. More kids onboard in August then there were in February--and that was the big difference.

Thank you! Yes, I realize that it might not be the same for my cruise. I read somewhere that Camp Carnival closes during the dinner hour and basically left cartoons on for the kids for a lot of the day. I wanted to make sure that wasn't true, and it doesn't look like it is. Phew!

Does anyone know what is typically served during the children's dinner? And are snacks served at Camp Carnival? We are a health conscious family so we don't do the typical chicken nuggets and goldfish. Any idea if this will work for us?

Thanks again!

snacks are not served during camp hours-- allergies for any kids so they play it safe. You can come and go with the camps- so when you get onboard and see that there is an activity for your child during any given hour-- you can take him/her for that hour then go back and pick them up.

I know camp is closed during noon and 2 but for family time. We used the camp during that time with our grand baby last cruise and had a good time using their toys and play things.

The only time I seen tv on was watching movies late at night for the pay part of the day.

Thanks again!

The children's dinner is held at the Lido deck buffet. They have a buffet set up with typical children's fare. But they do have some healthier options available to them. The children, with the aid of a camp counselor, goes through the buffet to get their meal. (The area is actually blocked off for the camp)

We did see snacks at some of the parties for camp. These were at night. They served chips, pretzels and juice at one dance party for the 6-8 year olds. For the 2-5 year olds, they had cookies and milk served.

• 3 years later...

Someone posted that snacks werent provided. Curious about that because I have to fill out a big allergy form, and theres plenty of snack items (that wouldnt be part of dinner or dessert) listed on there that I have to indicate if they are allergic to or not.

Someone posted that snacks werent provided. Curious about that because I have to fill out a big allergy form, and theres plenty of snack items (that wouldnt be part of dinner or dessert) listed on there that I have to indicate if they are allergic to or not.

The above posts are from 2008. Information above is still basic today. Dinner with the kids are set menus and served in the lido buffet area.

snacks are provided at night time only. (where you pay for it)

The above posts are from 2008. Information above is still basic today. Dinner with the kids are set menus and served in the lido buffet area.

snacks are provided at night time only. (where you pay for it)

Don't you love when old posts are revived? :D

Actually, looking back at my own post, the dance parties I was referring to weren't the parties that were paid for because my kids never attended the times that we had to pay for on Carnival. I picked them up by 10pm every night on our Carnival cruises. :)

So if they had snacks on Carnival - it was before 10pm. And I do remember that dance party was in one of the clubs, they did serve chips/pretzels/punch.

Don't you love when old posts are revived? :D

Actually, looking back at my own post, the dance parties I was referring to weren't the parties that were paid for because my kids never attended the times that we had to pay for on Carnival. I picked them up by 10pm every night on our Carnival cruises. :)

So if they had snacks on Carnival - it was before 10pm. And I do remember that dance party was in one of the clubs, they did serve chips/pretzels/punch.

we went to the dance parties on Pride-- not even a cup of water was offered

Archived