Jade staying overseas anyone heard anything

catlady461

Read on another board the Jade will be remaining overseas. We are booked for the 3/19/2009 cruise from NY to the Caribbean. Wondering if someone has information. NCL is suppose tobegin notifying people on Mondayfrom what I have read.

I am booked for 1/09 .. would they really just cancel all those people with trips?

I just read the same thing Catlady. This is really going to frost my buns if they cancel the November transatlantic I have booked on the Jade. Especially after what I went through just to get the stupid thing booked in the first place.

Read on another board the Jade will be remaining overseas. We are booked for the 3/19/2009 cruise from NY to the Caribbean. Wondering if someone has information. NCL is suppose tobegin notifying people on Mondayfrom what I have read.

We will be unhappy campers (well....Cruisers....we don't camp!!:) ) as well..looking forward to a different NCL ship other than Spirit (will have sailed on Spirit 3 times) and the Dawn and the older ones.

Hope it is a rumor!

Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Largest Ever European Deployment

RCI_Europe_RomanRuins_4UR-773301.jpgThe following is a summarized press release issued directly from Norwegian Cruise Line in regards to the announcement of their new European 2008 deployment schedule. In addition, this press release also covers the announcment of their newly reflagged ship, the NCL Jade:

Today, NCL Corporation announced that it will place three of its newest Jewel-class ships in Europe beginning in March 2008 in response to increased consumer demand for European cruises. The company will re-flag Pride of Hawai`i into the Bahamas registry and re-name her Norwegian Jade after a short wet dock in Honolulu in February 2008. Norwegian Jade will join her sister ships Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Jewel in Europe in 2008 offering NCL's largest and most varied European cruise deployment ever. Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Jewel itineraries will go on sale April 17 and Norwegian Jade's itineraries will go on sale April 24.

"The combination of our new and varied itineraries, the choice of three new sister ships, along with an extended season, will make for an unforgettable Freestyle Cruising experience for guests who explore Europe with us in 2008," said Colin Veitch, president and CEO of NCL Corporation. "In particular, Freestyle Cruising gives them the freedom and flexibility to explore and make the most of the culture-rich European destinations without worrying about returning to the ship for a set dining time."

Norwegian Jade will be the first to arrive in Europe at the end of March 2008, staying through the end of November. The ship will sail a unique mix of 12-, 13- and 14-day Eastern and Western Mediterranean cruises, beginning with a number of 12-day cruises departing from Barcelona, Istanbul, and Athens (Piraeus) with a variety of ports including Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, and Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Ephesus, Turkey; Mykonos, Santorini, Iraklion, Crete, Corfu and Katakolon, Greece; and Alexandria, Egypt.

Norwegian Jade will then reposition from her spring Mediterranean base to Southampton in the UK for a series of cruises to the Mediterranean, North Cape, Western Europe and British Isles.

In an NCL first, Norwegian Jade will offer several sailings out of the UK designed specifically for the local UK market, departing roundtrip from London (Southampton). These include a pair of two-day sampler cruises and four 14-day Western Mediterranean cruises roundtrip from London (Southampton) with stops in Malaga (Cordoba), Spain; an overnight in Barcelona; Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Gibraltar; Lisbon, Portugal; and Vigo, Spain.

Norwegian Jade's 12-day North Cape itinerary roundtrip from London (Southampton) will cruise the North Sea with several stops in Norway, cross the Arctic Circle and cruise by the Svartisen Glacier. The ship's 13-day Around the British Isles and Northern Europe itinerary roundtrip from London (Southampton) will visit France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Two 13-day Western Europe itineraries will depart from London (Southampton) to Barcelona or Barcelona to London (Southampton) and visit Nice (Villefranche), France; Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, and Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy; Granada (Malaga), Spain; Gibraltar; Seville (Cadiz), Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; and Vigo, Spain.

Norwegian Gem, NCL's newest ship, complete with bowling alley, arrives in Europe in early May after her winter season in New York and will sail seven-day Western Mediterranean cruises roundtrip from Barcelona through November 9, 2008. The Western Mediterranean itinerary includes stops in Valletta, Malta; Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), and Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy; and Nice (Villefranche), France.

Returning for her third season in Europe in early May, Norwegian Jewel will replace Norwegian Dream, sailing a Baltic Capitals itinerary roundtrip from London (Dover) through mid-September. The 12-day sailings will run from May 5 through August 23 with stops in Copenhagen, Denmark; Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany; Tallinn, Estonia; two days in St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland and Stockholm, Sweden. On August 9, the ship will offer a two-day sampler cruise from London (Dover) specifically designed for the UK market. A final 13-day sailing departing on September 4 will include a stop in Oslo, Norway.

Detailed information on these new European itineraries will be available within the next week. For more information, click here or call 1-800 DLC-8088.

Whoa!! Where (and when) did you find out all this?

These are old news! Looks like early 2007 news.

Links, please to the board where you find out these news.

That's the press release from last April. I've also seen the discussion on this on another board, but CC does not allow links to other boards. I'm sure if you did a Google, you'd find it.

Family of 4, isn't this like deja vu all over again? Its kind of like we're stars in that movie "Ground Hog Day". We sure know how to pick 'em.

This subject must be posted on more than one other board, because I found info about it on another board but it lacked certain specifics like the possible time of notification. I tried googling a few key words but didn't find anymore on it.

The press release above is from a week or two ago and if any of this is true has no bearing on this situation.

Family of 4, isn't this like deja vu all over again? Its kind of like we're stars in that movie "Ground Hog Day". We sure know how to pick 'em.

This subject must be posted on more than one other board, because I found info about it on another board but it lacked certain specifics like the possible time of notification. I tried googling a few key words but didn't find anymore on it.

The press release above is from a week or two ago and if any of this is true has no bearing on this situation.

Where is everyone getting their info?

I just got back last night and this is the first thing I read. I can not believe this. I have plenty of time to find a new vacation but wow what is NCL doing to me? :rolleyes:

They are still booking on the Jade out of New York for April '09 as far as I know. They are not booking it for another sailing somewhere else obviously...

Just saying, I want to be positive. That's the only date I checked, the one I'm on.

~Jo~

I was very angry when I found out that NCL made the changes to my Spirit cruise( I had no choice but to go with it with such short notice), and now if this happens, SORRY but I am done! When will we know does anyone know? I need to find an alternate plan without NCL for next year.

Now if WHAT happens? People are getting upset with a press release from last April? I'm confused.

Jo,

We just went through something similar on another NCL Cruise change. Based on my experience, I can tell you that we knew a change was coming (they had to change it because of reduced speeds they could not run the original itinerary) but NCL did not release the info for quite some time. Even though it was obvious they had to make changes they continued to take bookings on the affected cruises (with their original itinerary) until the announcement was made.

I am curious where the OP saw this info posted, because it contains information I have not seen anywhere else. I did find a post about this on another board, but it was very general and not specific as far as pending notification.

I may wait until later today and call the Latitudes desk and see if they have any news on this. If anyone gets stuck with the airfare on this, they will not be happy! This is expensive!

The original post on the other site was in reference to a discussion that someone had at a travel show in Boston with an NCL rep, who had just found out about it. Of course, they're not always reliable sources.

Cruizin this thread pertains to the possible rumor that the Jade will stay in Europe for 2009 rather than returning to do it's currently scheduled Carribean run starting in Dec. 2008 as announced in the press release from a week or two ago.

So for folks like me who have a cruises that would be affected by this change, they are not going to be happy. I booked the repo cruise from Barcelona to NYC. So if the Jade stays in Europe, there will be no repo cruise, and no Caribbean cruise.. Does that make sense?

Just a hunch, but maybe the rep was mistaken and Jade's staying in Europe for the 2009-2010 season. At least, I hope that's what's going to happen, vs. the 2008-2009 season.

While it true anything is possible now a days, I suspect that the rumor is untrue. European cruising has a season so does the Carribean. The Europeans come in droves to the Carribean for the weather. In fact the recent Gem cruise we were on had a significant number of European cruisers on it(thanks to the extremely weak US dollar)- Danes, Brits, Scotts(I was unintentional rude to one Scot when she talked to me and I said I you Scottish and she said yes how did you know-after three or four tries--Its because I can't understand a word they say) and a myriad of others.. The beaches in the Med are just not usable during the winter. So if NCL and others are trying to get the Europeans(and their strong currencies) to become cruisers its not likely they will stay in Europe all year to do so.

I just got off the phone with NCL.. she claims the Jade is NOT staying in Europe and my trip..1-25 is just fine.. so heres to hoping she is right!

Unfortunately, the NCL phone reps are usually the last to know.

One wonders why NCL would originally schedule two similar ships (Gem & Jade) to sail similar 10 & 11 day winter Caribbean cruises out of New York at the same time?

Archived