Would these be appropriate for dinner?

sassy0930

But that still not NOT mean that they were appropriate!

The standard for Carnival is:

"Casual attire and resort wear is the order of the day both on board and in port. Shorts, slacks, sundresses, blouses, etc., are in line for women. Clothing for men is just as casual. You should bring a pair of rubber-soled sandals or sneakers to wear on deck and a pair of good walking shoes. You might also want to consider bringing along a sweater or jacket for cool evenings and inexpensive rain gear in case of a sudden shower. Women may want to bring along a hat or scarf. You'll have a chance to dress up on two nights during 7 day or longer cruises (one night on shorter cruises) for the Captain's Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner. On the other evenings you can dress casually for dinner (no shorts or tank tops)....Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit; Capri pants NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner."

If you don't think those shoes are appropriate, then I am not sure what you would find appropriate given the above guidelines. Those shoes are the exact thing that a put-together woman would pair with a cute dress or pantsuit.

I am a prosecutor by profession and knowing how to dress for all occasions is a job requirement. The shoes are well within the dress code. Enjoy them.

I guess one could call them flip flops because they have a thong, but for the regular nights in the dining room would these be appropriate?on522941-00p01v01.jpg

They are adorable. I may have to buy some myself!

According to oldnavy.com, they are "Women's Patent T-Strap Sandals", not flip-flops, so they are perfectly fine for dinner. (I bet with a few stick-on jewels on the straps, they could even be gussied-up for formal night.)

Archived