Promenade Deck for Walking?

macky2

Hello,

Does Radiance of the Seas have a Promenade Deck that goes around the whole ship? One of the things I really enjoy doing on a cruise is walking laps around the ship. I will be on Radiance of the Seas in September going from Vancouver to Alaska and then on to Los Angeles. My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was in 1999, so I'm not sure what to expect on the new ships.

Thanks.

Hello,

Does Radiance of the Seas have a Promenade Deck that goes around the whole ship? One of the things I really enjoy doing on a cruise is walking laps around the ship. I will be on Radiance of the Seas in September going from Vancouver to Alaska and then on to Los Angeles. My last cruise on Royal Caribbean was in 1999, so I'm not sure what to expect on the new ships.

Thanks.

Yes, on deck 4 or 5. You can walk around on deck 12 as someone else suggested, but can be a little windy up there. The walk around the ship on deck 4 or 5 ( not sure which one it is) is much quieter as there are less people walking around on this deck. I have no idea why, but that promenade deck is seldom crowded, other than during muster drill. As you get to the front of the ship, you do have to walk up some steps and continue on around to the other side where you then walk down and continue your lap.

Enjoy your cruise. The Raidiance is a lovely ship.

Annieeee

We were on the Jewel last April and I walked the jogging track the first day only. I found the "traffic" was awful, a lot of people were using it in the AM, joggers trying to pass the slower walkers. I then tried the promenade deck and I loved it. So much quieter, only a few other walkers, you're closer to the water and can hear the ship passing throught the water. I particually enjoyed watching the water churning at the stern. Then later in the day there are plenty of empty loungers, very peaceful.

Archived