Kennedy Hotel, Rome

We have booked the Kennedy Hotel in Rome for 4 nights post cruise, (recommended by our TA), and wondered if any of you have stayed there. We've been reading the reviews on the net and you get such conflicting opinions. Some say that they absolutely loved it, clean etc. etc. Others say it's the pits? Anyone else have any input for us? We still have time to change the booking if necessary.

The reviews on tripadvisor are mixed. Last time in Rome, I stayed right next to the Santa Maria Maggiore. While being right by the Termini (main train station) was easy for transport, it is a bit far from the main sites. We used the Metro, but would prefer not to use it again this time. After my husband was almost pick pocketed on the subway (he saw what the woman was doing...putting her hand in his FRONT pants pocket, he told her to get out), we stuck to cabs, which were fairly inexpensive.

You will be able to get around from there and we never felt unsafe. This time I plan to stay near the pantheon/trevi area. The hotels are much cheaper near the Termini.

We have booked the Kennedy Hotel in Rome for 4 nights post cruise, (recommended by our TA), and wondered if any of you have stayed there. We've been reading the reviews on the net and you get such conflicting opinions. Some say that they absolutely loved it, clean etc. etc. Others say it's the pits? Anyone else have any input for us? We still have time to change the booking if necessary.

It used to be quite popular a few years back with mostly good reviews,but I see now they are really mixed,and not knowing your budget I am think you could do better as I would hate to see you coming all the way from NZ,and not getting a really nice within reason hotel.Rooms on most hotels are goiong to be small as that is a givem,but when I see reviews saying the bathrooms are really small that is a flag up for me as I have been there and done that and hated it.Check some other's out on Venere(link added) just to see if anything grabs you,and check out the hotel link I am sending as well..who knows:)

Hotels, hotel reservations, from luxury to cheap hotels - venere

Hotel Navona Roma

Hotel Hosianum Palace Rome - Official Site - hotels Rome - historic

residence

Just as an FYI I ahve stayed at the above hotle and it was really nice re a hotle,but we were cramped and the bathroom was so small,but great location..could not do it again though:eek: :D .

Thank you for your help. We have now cancelled this booking, and are booked at the Residenza Argentina. It seems much more central. Hope this is okay???

You will be fine.Great location.Use Via del Corso for your point of reference,and it is the main shopping street as well,but not high end.Runs from the wedding cake to P.Popolo.Have a blast.:D

Archived