El Limon Waterfall?

sunshine175

We (6 of us) did the El Limon horseback ride - We did this on our own. It is really easy. Once you are at the dock, you will see a lot of taxis and drivers (they are all lined up & will approach you). We "negotiated" with a guide that had good English. He took us to find a taxi & he "negotiated" the price to take us to El Limon. Once in the taxi, really try to take in the sights. It is a very depressed area, but it is very interesting as well. Beautiful scenery on the way. They took us to "the ranch". The Parada was Las Pinos. The guide and taxi waits for you at the ranch.The horseback ride is amazing!! There will be a guide per horse & they really work hard. The road is very narrow and sometimes very muddy. We passed people who decided to walk to El Limon, but I would Highly recommend taking the horseback ride!!! There was a group of walkers that told a guide that they would Triple the cost to get horses to them for the trekk back. We saw them on horses a short time later.

At the half way point, you leave the horses and are on foot- your guide is still at your side. El Limon is spectacular!!!! You can swim if you want to. After the swim & hike back up the mountain to the horses and the horseride back to the ranch, what awaited us was a wonderful lunch of homecooked food in the dominican flavor!!! Yum!!

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone. At first, I was worried about the horses condition, some of them looked skinny, but none of them had any trouble carrying us, they didn't labor at all & they were in good shape.

I hope this helped, sorry it was so long. I guess when good memories pop out, words tend to flow. By the way, we had plenty of time to shop & catch the ship. There is a quaint plaza within walking distance to where you catch the tender back to the ship

Archived