Cozumel & Grand Caymen Islands

alwaysmomof1

Has anyone been to these ports in early October? DH is worried about the weather! I know it is hurricaine season but I dont care. I will be on a cruise on the ocean and as long as I can relax or enjoy myself it wont bother me. He is asking! Anyone? I know the weather changes all the time but in general..........:D

Has anyone been to these ports in early October? DH is worried about the weather! I know it is hurricaine season but I dont care. I will be on a cruise on the ocean and as long as I can relax or enjoy myself it wont bother me. He is asking! Anyone? I know the weather changes all the time but in general..........:D

Besides the hurricanes ,which will cause the ship to divert to a safer destination, windy fronts will cause the Caymans to shut down the port. They do not want 10 ton anchors dragging all over the coral.The risk of a front going that far in early October is minimal but still a consideration.

Thanks for your reply. Here is another question for someone....Because it will be that season, has anyone every had their cruise canceled all together? I would be heart broken if this happened. After months of planning and then nothing:(. I think I am more worried about the airfare not making it than the cruise.

Archived