Vancouver - Pre-Cruise HAL Hotels

music lady

Does anyone know what hotels HAL uses for pre/post hotel stays in Vancouver?

Mary

HAL used to use the Fairmont. I stayed there in 2001 and it was superb, but really expensive. But then all the good hotels near the piers are expensive. I made my own reservations at Pan Pacific for my upcoming cruise and I believe that HAL might use that one too.

Thanks, I am hoping they will use the Fairmount Harbour. We stayed there when we did a Canadian Rockies land tour when it was new, and had a window overlooking the cruise ships and harbour. It was fabulous.

We even tried to get reservations on our own, but they are sold out for 6/27/08.

Mary

We always stay at the Pan Pacific, we just love the hotel and the fact that it sits right over the cruise terminal. They have an informal cafe there that is fabulous, though it is expensive, we think it is well worth the price. I know Hal uses it for pre and post hotel stays in Vancouver along with the Fairmount.

Just coming from a Vancouverite, The Fairmont Waterfront is under construction at the moment, so they most likely venue would be the Pan Pacific.

You might be thinking of the new private residences/hotel Fairmont is building one block over at the foot of Burrard & Cordova (Fairmont Pacific Rim, I believe)...the Fairmont Waterfront, across from the Pan Pacific & Canada Place, is still open & business as usual (at least it looked that way on my walk to work this morning!)

Since we had such a great experience when we stayed there when it was new, we really wanted to do it again before this cruise. We couldn't book on-line - no rooms available, so we called the hotel. There is a convention going on that's why there are no rooms. Hopefully, HAL has reserved some for pre/post cruises.

Mary

Archived