Halloween On Formal Night On Carnival....How Would You Dress ???

jessemon

Formal Night and Halloween On The Same Night On My Carnival Cruise...How To Dress ???  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Formal Night and Halloween On The Same Night On My Carnival Cruise...How To Dress ???

• Dress according to rules and change after....
    • Go in Halloween costume.....
    • Either way is fine......
    • I don't care, I never dress for formal night anyways...

I can't believe they are doing formal night on Halloween! I am totally into Halloween and on our last cruise over Halloween there were some amazing costumes!

I think if there are two formal nights I would definitely do a costume on Halloween and do the formal thing on the other night. And, if there was only one formal night I would still probably do a costume. I've done a bunch of formal nights, but Halloween only comes once a year! :D

Our miracle was the week before Halloween...the Halloween night was separate from Formal....

first formal.......

miracl17.jpg

2nd formal.......

miracl53.jpg

Halloween night in between....

miracl27.jpgmiracl25.jpgmiracl41.jpg

Doing a B2B and the first part is a four night which Halloween falls on. Not the one Carnivval runs the whole month of October but the reall one. Will have a second night to dress. But even if it was only a four night get away I'd have a tough choice.....;)

I think if they plan formal night to actually be ON Halloween, they should expect that people are going to wear costumes!:D

Terri, that is how it was on our Halloween cruise... there was a blend of tuxes and costumes, LOL! It was quite hilarious and we had some interesting costumes at dinner!!! I haven't decided what i will do this year, I guess it will depend on what I decide on for a costume :D

OK...I'm going to be on a Carnival cruise on Halloween this year and it falls on formal night...How would you dress ?????

What about some type of formal costume?? Royality, a greek god/goddess or some famous glam type movie star? Marilyn Monroe, Dick Tracy, May West, Maverick, any number of Audry Hepburn characters, a Zoot suit, Jessica Rabbit? lol Be creative, and fit both molds.:)

I would love to cruise for Halloween.

What about some type of formal costume?? Royality, a greek god/goddess or some famous glam type movie star? Marilyn Monroe, Dick Tracy, May West, Maverick, any number of Audry Hepburn characters, a Zoot suit, Jessica Rabbit? lol Be creative, and fit both molds.:)

I would love to cruise for Halloween.

I don't think I have the legs to do the Marilyn Monroe or the floating devices to do the Mae West...Besides...it would look really funny with my hairy legs and chest and the goatee.....LOL......;)

I don't think I have the legs to do the Marilyn Monroe or the floating devices to do the Mae West...Besides...it would look really funny with my hairy legs and chest and the goatee.....LOL......;)

LOL, As you should notice, I did refer to both genders, not knowing your's. I'm just glad someone still knows who May West is, besides myself, lol.

I also can't believe I overlooked the Dracula angle, being that I'm a big vampire buff. Fangs are almost impossible to eat with though.

LOL, As you should notice, I did refer to both genders, not knowing your's. I'm just glad someone still knows who May West is, besides myself, lol.

I also can't believe I overlooked the Dracula angle, being that I'm a big vampire buff. Fangs are almost impossible to eat with though.

All I know iss every cruise I take they still make me put on my

"Mae West" at muster drill........LOL.....:D

I said either way is fine as what I would do would depend on what the other passengers were doing. If everyone else was dressing formal, I would to (and then of course, change into costume after as I'm sure everyone else would). If everyone else was in costume, that's what I would do. It would be hard (for me at least) not to dress formal on formal night as I always do (and love doing it) but I wouldn't want to stick out like a sore thumb!!!! :eek:

Interesting question but I like it!!!! :D

I think it depends on your costume. We had togas that I made, which came out quite nice. DH's was knee length and over one shoulder. Somehow I couldn't imagine eating dinner in the dining room looking at his hairy chest and shoulder, so we did the formal thing for dinner and then changed. I didn't want to ruin anyone's appetite!:rolleyes:

Well...this seems to be going along great. So far it looks pretty much lke a tossup. Dress for dinner then change is a little ahead costume and the either way is fine is about half way there too.

What too do......

Hope it keeps going along like this. I actually started a formal night where people are not choking each other in cyberspace....LOL

Archived