Please help

Bobug

We are on a b2b in January on the Valor. My question: If you had 7 ports to chose from to do stuff (14 day cruise) would Belize be your choice to snorkel? We will probably snorkel more than once on this trip but I'm not sure what all there is to do in this port but it sounds like snorkeling is great here. Tell me your thoughts.

HAPPY SAILING

• 2 weeks later...

I'll put in a plug for St. Thomas snorkeling. We've taken the Captain Nautica snorkeling excursion twice, and absolutely loved it. I haven't been to Belize or Roatan yet, so I can't do a comparison to those. We have snorkeled in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, and thought St. Thomas was better than those.

Belize snorkeling is great; have done Goff's Caye and Seargent's Caye. Goff's you can go from the beach, or the boat, Seargent's is beach only.

We booked ours through Carnival - it was called Spanish Mangrove Kayak and snorkel; as you can guess, we got to kayak back into the mangroves. And while we did not see the manatees as we were hoping, it is still very beautiful.

The "base" for the tour is an ecological station and caters to divers. It was some of the best snorkeling I have experieced as the coral is all alive and colorful.

Belize snorkeling is great; have done Goff's Caye and Seargent's Caye. Goff's you can go from the beach, or the boat, Seargent's is beach only.

We booked ours through Carnival - it was called Spanish Mangrove Kayak and snorkel; as you can guess, we got to kayak back into the mangroves. And while we did not see the manatees as we were hoping, it is still very beautiful.

The "base" for the tour is an ecological station and caters to divers. It was some of the best snorkeling I have experieced as the coral is all alive and colorful.

Sorry to hijack the thread - A&Jfamily, which snorkeling did you like better - Goff's Caye or Sergeant's Caye? I am trying to decide between these two, although not the Kayak & Snorkel, just the Sergeant's Caye snorkeling. Appreciate your thoughts & information.

We just got back from Roatan and Belize, I found the reef to be more vibrant in Belize so that would be my choice! Also, The Sergant's Cay Tour which is the boat only tour is about 4 miles off the mainland is an excellent choice but be warned there is no beach so if you don't want spend the whole time on the water this isn't the tour for you. We loved it and had a great time. Also, the island that located in Sergant's Cay was prior to hurricane destruction the home to Princess Margaret.

Archived