Grand Cayman Stingray Tours Question

mlivolti

is Captain Marvins. 1/2 day is a bargain with 2 snorkel stops that educate & amaze you & the stingrays which he created the stop back in the 50's. At 85 he is great to cruise with.

Hello, I wanted to know if anybody would recommend any tour besides moby dick (they are full) to do the sting ray shore excusrion in grand cayman.

Thanks

We used Capt Marvin's in Dec. We both had a great time and I did not even snorkel! The boat was clean and the crew very knowledgeable. Brought a stringray over to the boat for those who did not get in the water to see. They will drop you off at the beach or back at their storefront.

and one more for Capt Marvin. Very easy walk from the dock to their place, there was a bakery nearby with tasty b'fast delites and we even had time before leaving to buy liquor nearby for delivery back to the ship.

I also enjoyed that we were on a sailboat, although we did motor out so as to get to the rays before the hoards of folks, but then we sailed back in which is always nice.

Clay

Count yourself blessed Mobydick is booked!!

We went with them on our DCL Magic cruise. We arrived & waited an hour for them. Apperently the water was too rough to go out, so they just didn't show up! We spent the morning sitting around waiting for them. Finally we went to the little tour desk & she offered to call them for us & told us the news.

They were very unprofessional!

I'd also suggest Capt Marvin.

When we went to grand Cayman as we exited the ship they had tour operators offering the stingray city sand bar tour and snorkeling for $20.00 dollars a person. We had a great time and took plenty of pictures with the stingrays. They even gave us food to feed them.

and one more for Capt Marvin. Very easy walk from the dock to their place, there was a bakery nearby with tasty b'fast delites and we even had time before leaving to buy liquor nearby for delivery back to the ship.

I also enjoyed that we were on a sailboat, although we did motor out so as to get to the rays before the hoards of folks, but then we sailed back in which is always nice.

Clay

When we were on Captain Marvins we did not have a sailboat, we had a regular dive boat. We were the first excursion out in the AM, thought maybe we wouldn;t have enough time to get there, but we were there with time to spare. We shared the boat with 6 other people from a Carnival cruise, so there were only 8 of us. It was perfect, also they offer a DVD of your experience, in 11/06 the DVD was $50.00, and well worth it. I believe they only take Visa and cash. I had an American Express card. They said not to worry, I could call them when I got home, give them a Visa number and they would send the DVD, which they did, it was great.

Also Captain Marvin himself was the captain of our boat, well worth the price of admission. He told us he was 90 and had a ton of kids, I believe more than a dozen. LOL

The Stingray City Tour is truly a unique experience! It will be one you never forget!

We booked through our ship and had a great crew and an awesome time!

HAVE FUN!

:)

I can't agree with this more. I've done this a bunch of times and get more excited each time. Last time was a week after Steve Irwin met his end. We got to Sting Ray City and there were about 20 people there with those dozens of rays and had a blast. Another thing is to make an early run if you can because they are a little more frisky in the morning. Unless you don't want that. LOL. They are like puppy dogs. A great animal.

Archived