Dancing on Milleniums or Solstice?

jerblu

Anyone know whether there is any place to do ballroom dancing on these ships? I"m not looking for QuickStep or even Waltz, more like Rhumba, Swing, etc.

TIA

Jerry

We enjoy dancing every night when aboard ML or other ships ....can't comment on what will be offered on Solstice..our preference is dancing in the Rendezvous Lounge but there are other locations and the bands swop around to most of them.Sometimes the Celebrity Orchestra take a night as well. There is no specific dance style catered for... well we haven't experienced that although if the crowd requests something specific it might be accommodated???? It all depends on the general style of band playing in a venue..... we've enjoyed duos, trios and 5/6 piece .We 've had rhumba mixed with swing and quicksteps etc etc ..depends on the ship and date you are sailing..they change groups when the contracts terminate.

Yes - they usually have a dance band several hours each night at the Rendez-vou lounge. Usually before each dinner seating and most nights after dinner. Also, on most cruises on one or two nights they'll have the band that plays for shows in the theatre there as a jazz band. Sometimes the party band, more rock oriented, will also play this venue but usually they are in the disco lounge area or elsewhere.

I always dance at the Rendez vous...but I don't see anything on the Solstice deck plan that even appears to be a dance location....no Rendez Vous. I think they hae abandoned the dance floor for a series of pay as you go restaurants!:(

The Rendez-vous is the best sport for ballroom type dancing if they have a good band or duo. Our last two transatlantics have had terrible music - the party band ended up being scheduled in there after a few nites of the other band and they were good except that they played medleys - 15 minutes of cha chas or swing as one song. And the dance floor is quite small - especially since the number of dancers have been growing.

Our favorite Celebrity ships for dancing are the Century class ships because they have 3 dance floors instead of 2 on the M-class ships.

I always dance at the Rendez vous...but I don't see anything on the Solstice deck plan that even appears to be a dance location....no Rendez Vous. I think they hae abandoned the dance floor for a series of pay as you go restaurants!:(

The Sky Observation Lounge on Solstice has a round floor in the middle that looks an awful lot like a dance venue.

You are correct Sch but I envison that bing the disco room and not a place for pre-dinner dancing...but I could be worng (although I rarely am! :D )

I think you are this time, I think. :) The disco is called Quasar, I think. It's on another deck.

This is from Cruise Critic's summary of shipboard venues.

Sky Observation Lounge. This new top-of-the-ship observation lounge is all about the dancing -- each night will feature different themes from tango to ballroom dance. An infinity dome will hang over the dance floor for a view to the night sky. During the day, the venue should be a nice, quiet place to snag a panoramic sea view.

just off Summit and the Rendez-vous had a choir-like, quartet, hardly dancing music. From the music by the pool, loud rock and 80's pop, to the other entertainment, Cleebrity is really going after a younger crowd and less traditional

For AVALON.....Just wondered if you are describing the (unaccompanied ) quartet of male singers that Celebrity has started to give space to in the Rendezvous maybe for a couple of sessions during the cruises?.....who more regularly perform at the Cova cafe?

Hopefully it wasn't this every night as we are booked on Summit for the repo cruise after its generator installation and are hoping for the opportunity to dance in the Rendezvous specifically.

Archived