All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I'm not sure that you would miss anything from just 3 decks down. I'm coming up on my 3rd cruise with RCCL, and I specifically ask for deck 6. It's about about mid-ways in the ship, which allows using the stairways more, thus avoiding the overcrowded elevators.

When we were on the Freedom, we could not open the dividers between balconies, so unless it's different now or on the Liberty that may not even be a consideration. I think what you may miss the most is going from a JS to a D category. They are considerably smaller.

After five cruises on Carnival, I just booked our first cruise on RCCL for next Easter aboard the Liberty. With the help of these boards, I think I did a lot of things right, but am always open to suggestions.

While I prefer many exotic stops, the family asked for a more relaxing pace and on board amenities. I am satisified with Liberty's itinerary since I like the general fitness theme and I've never stopped in San Juan or a private island. We booked deck 6 to keep cost down (still higher than Carnival). I selected a hump cabin (6334) for DH and myself (will be our 20th anniversary) and the Ben and Jerry's cabin for our two teenage boys. The ice cream will be a plus. Can anyone tell me what the benefits of access to the concierge lounge will be (particularly if it is a benefit for dis/embarkment)?

We took the later dining option to give us time after shore excursions. What else do I need to know?? Anything about how to make the most of our cruise and shore excursions would be very much appreiciated!

The difference is about £400 for me to upgrade to the JS...........I never got chance to look inside a D1 during my cruise. Is the space reduction very noticeable????

After five cruises on Carnival, I just booked our first cruise on RCCL for next Easter aboard the Liberty. With the help of these boards, I think I did a lot of things right, but am always open to suggestions.

While I prefer many exotic stops, the family asked for a more relaxing pace and on board amenities. I am satisified with Liberty's itinerary since I like the general fitness theme and I've never stopped in San Juan or a private island. We booked deck 6 to keep cost down (still higher than Carnival). I selected a hump cabin (6334) for DH and myself (will be our 20th anniversary) and the Ben and Jerry's cabin for our two teenage boys. The ice cream will be a plus. Can anyone tell me what the benefits of access to the concierge lounge will be (particularly if it is a benefit for dis/embarkment)?

We took the later dining option to give us time after shore excursions. What else do I need to know?? Anything about how to make the most of our cruise and shore excursions would be very much appreiciated!

WOW!!!

Congrats!

Welcome to the RCCL family!:D

BILL

I don't know how much that is in dollars, but the JS is 317 sq. ft. and the D1 is 214 sq. ft. You're losing about a third of the size. We squeeze 4 people into a D1, so with 2, you should be fine. But noticeable.

I selected a hump cabin (6334) for DH and myself (will be our 20th anniversary) and the Ben and Jerry's cabin for our two teenage boys. The ice cream will be a plus. Can anyone tell me what the benefits of access to the concierge lounge will be (particularly if it is a benefit for dis/embarkment)?

Curious as to why you are asking about the concierge lounge as neither room entitles you to use it. You either have to be in a suite or be diamond. And welcome to RCCL. You will love it!!

I will be going on the Liberty in 44 days!!!! If it is anything like the voyager class (and I think it'll be better), I'll be in awe!!! My first cruise was the Explorer and I think I walked around with my mouth wide open in amazement. I probably looked like a big goof. You will love your cruise!!! Congrats!:D

Curious as to why you are asking about the concierge lounge as neither room entitles you to use it. You either have to be in a suite or be diamond. And welcome to RCCL. You will love it!!

Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcomes! I had read that the Ben and Jerry's cabin also provided access to the concierge lounge, and the sales rep confirmed it. She said I could use the concierge to book spa appts, and that they offer continental breakfast and snacks before dinner. I was most interested if it would provide us a place to go upon boarding or while waiting until disembarkment, since these are sure to be crazy Easter week. Also, was wondering if they would let all four of us in, or just the two booked for that cabin.

As an aside, will we need to get extra keys made to allow a cabin switch since we currently have one adult and one child in each cabin? This is what we've done on Carnival.

Thanks for the quick responses and warm welcomes! I had read that the Ben and Jerry's cabin also provided access to the concierge lounge, and the sales rep confirmed it. She said I could use the concierge to book spa appts, and that they offer continental breakfast and snacks before dinner. I was most interested if it would provide us a place to go upon boarding or while waiting until disembarkment, since these are sure to be crazy Easter week. Also, was wondering if they would let all four of us in, or just the two booked for that cabin.

As an aside, will we need to get extra keys made to allow a cabin switch since we currently have one adult and one child in each cabin? This is what we've done on Carnival.

When you get on board, go to the guest services desk and they will swap keys for you, no problem, where is the prom cabin, in relation to the balcony, if they are opposite each other then you can book the kids in their own cabin when booking, then there would be no reason to swap keys.

Welcome to RCI, you've picked a great ship for your first RCI cruise:D

Sorry, but the rep was wrong with that info. Only if you book a Grand Suite or above or a Diamond/Diamond+ member. I do understand if you have the cow butt cabin that you are afforded free ice cream.

Welcome to RCI

Only the people booked in the room will have the perks (and there is debate as to whether the Ben & Jerry's room gets the perks, I don't believe it does and have learned NOT to trust RCCL sales reps).

If it does happen to have concierge lounge access, be aware that in the evenings it is adults only. Also, you aren't allowed guests in the concierge lounge.

cruisinggator2,

Do you remember how big the 2 master bedrooms were? Do you think that a pack-n-play could fit in the smaller master bedroom? Do the 2 inner rooms have closets? Is there a walk in closet in either master bedroom?

Any other info would be wonderful!

We were on the LOS during spring break with over 4300 people aboard and we listened to everyone on these boards that said the first thing you must do is make your reservations at either Chops or Portifinos. Well let me tell you that Chops was NOT at full capacity and there were alot of open tables. We actually by accident went there on the wrong night and they still accomodated us. Don't worry if you don't get the reservation it is not the biggest loss. Chops service was fantastic, Food just OK.