All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Aww thank you Katie!!!

We're getting more excited about James every day. He'll be here before I know it! Oh there's still so much to do!

I may very well have posted the menus and they're not the same menus that are currently in use. A lot of time has passed since last september, and with all the nagging from the CC group, they might have changed them up. So if someone who has sailed more recently posts menus, please go by that menu instead.

The ship itself, however, I'm sure has not changed, so feel free to poke around at our Liberty photo albums. We had a great time and the ship is lovely!

I've posted a quick and dirty website with the Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean compasses from our 6/14/08 cruise. If you're interested, click here.

Thanks for the compasses, I'm not sailing until next March but it's fun to get as much information as possible!

Duh...we could just meet at Applebees at the mall. :p :D

This is true! hehehehe! :D But I would still prefer the Caribbean! lol :p

PokrChick - Thanks for posting those Compasses. Even though they severely depressed me that I'm not on a cruise. LOL!

Does anyone have Compasses of the Eastern itinerary? We are leaving on LOS on Aug 30 and would be handy to plan specialty restaurants. I have the Compasses that PokrChick posted (thank you for those!) Wondering if the Eastern & Western Compasses are the same?

quote=tuflife42;15180658]Does anyone have Compasses of the Eastern itinerary? We are leaving on LOS on Aug 30 and would be handy to plan specialty restaurants. I have the Compasses that PokrChick posted (thank you for those!) Wondering if the Eastern & Western Compasses are the same?

Try this:

http://www.ersonline.org/compasses/index.htm

Also does anyone know if the W. Caribbean menus are the same as E. Caribbean menus on Liberty?

Thanks,

Beth

I haven't read through this entire thread...it's too long. If this subject has already been addressed, I apologize for mentioning it again.

DH and I will be on Liberty OTS in three days. Yay!!! I have read on this mb that RCCL is not cooling their ships very well lately. Could it be true that this is one of the energy saving methods RCCL has resorted to???

Anyone recently on Liberty find the ship was on the warm side??? Thanks for any replies.

coffeebean

I haven't read through this entire thread...it's too long. If this subject has already been addressed, I apologize for mentioning it again.

DH and I will be on Liberty OTS in three days. Yay!!! I have read on this mb that RCCL is not cooling their ships very well lately. Could it be true that this is one of the energy saving methods RCCL has resorted to???

Anyone recently on Liberty find the ship was on the warm side??? Thanks for any replies.

coffeebean

When we were on Liberty in April we didn't notice anything amis with the heating and cooling.

coffeebean

Just got off Liberty on Saturday (6/28:( - went on eastern itinerary) and the ship temperature was perfect - never too cool or too hot (for me, at least) - and I usually tend to be too hot. If you have a balcony cabin, you gotta keep the slider door closed or the air conditioning will shut off (you've probably read this before!) - and let me tell ya, it's HOT!! We'd keep it open from time to time, though, because it's so beautiful. It felt good going back to our cabin after being on the pool deck all day. I kept the room very cool, especially when I was showering, drying my hair, etc., getting ready for dinner in the evenings.

Hope that helps - get ready for a fabulous vacation - you will LOVE the Liberty:)!

Jen

I just got off Liberty on 6/28 and have to agree with what you heard, it was warm! I overheard many others complaining about the temperature as well. Elevators seemed as though there was no AC at all. Main hallways in areas near resturants, and elavators weren't so cool either. Our cabin was a bit warm and after complaining the AC tech came by to check it out and sure enough, it cooled off quite a bit after that.

I just got off Liberty on 6/28 and have to agree with what you heard, it was warm! I overheard many others complaining about the temperature as well. Elevators seemed as though there was no AC at all. Main hallways in areas near resturants, and elavators weren't so cool either. Our cabin was a bit warm and after complaining the AC tech came by to check it out and sure enough, it cooled off quite a bit after that.

Hello fellow cruisemate:)! After reading your comments, I do agree that there were some main areas that were a little warmer. However, it seemed like those were areas near exit doors to the pool decks, sports decks, etc. I just attributed it to the fact that it's tough to keep an area cool when the exterior doors are constantly open throughout the day. Other than that, though, I found the majority of the ship's interior spaces to be cool.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the Liberty...what an amazing ship! If there is one thing that I would like to point out above and beyond everything about this incredible ship it would be the excellent work of the staff and crew. All go well out of their way to make your experience a memorable one. We tipped above and beyond the recommendations made by RCI.

Just got back from the Liberty...what an amazing ship! If there is one thing that I would like to point out above and beyond everything about this incredible ship it would be the excellent work of the staff and crew. All go well out of their way to make your experience a memorable one. We tipped above and beyond the recommendations made by RCI.

Glad to you had a great cruise. We are sailing her next April -- can't wait! Did you get any pics that you can share?

Thanks!

We just came off the ship on the 12th. We loved the ship. The entire crew no matter what job they had was so friendly and always had a greeting and a smile. The cruise director was great. Don't miss the game shows especially the "Quest". Really good.

If anyone has any questions you can e-mail me.

Glad to you had a great cruise. We are sailing her next April -- can't wait! Did you get any pics that you can share?

Thanks!

Sure, here is one of the pool deck during the belly flop competition. You should start to familiarize yourself with the term "butt pucker".:D

1378830279_Cruise2008266.jpg.89e0399bb4b7beedec1bc3a9241d4a8a.jpg

It's not too late to join the "Liberty of the CCs" Cruise Critic group cruise on November 8, 2008. We have about 20 folks in our group right now (and a much larger roll call group) and I always believe the more the merrier. You can click on the links in my signature for more information.

Hope to see you onboard!!

To those of you who just got back from the Eastern cruise...which nightes are the formals dinners?

Just an FYI, the formal nights may be different for your cruise because dates on the Eastern route have a different order to their ports than in the past. On our cruise in October 08, we have Sun and Mon as sea days, Tues in St Maartin, Weds San Juan, Thurs in Labadee and Fri as sea day. I even sent an email to C&A to see if they knew which nights were formal on the new itiniary but they did not. We are looking to prebook our reservation at Chops, but there are some nights in the DR that I do not want to miss. Guess I will just have to wait:(

To those of you who just got back from the Eastern cruise...which nightes are the formals dinners?

We just returned Sat. (7/26) from the Liberty on the Eastern itinerary. Formal nights were on Sunday, an at sea day and Wednesday another at sea day.