All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Hey ya'll. DH and I are going on our first cruise with another couple next month. Eastern Caribbean. SO excited!

I have a few questions.. I've read through this ENTIRE thread because I'm kind of thirsty for cruise knowledge!! :D

1. I've heard that there is a movie theater on board. Is this true? And if so, do they play new movies, or recently released movies?

2. We will be on the ship over Halloween... Is there any kind of Halloween Party or is the holiday kind of overlooked...

3. We are in room 6300 on the 6th deck. It looks like it's RIGHT in the middle, but I can't tell if we're going to be on the port side or not... Any ideas? I have heard 'hump' been thrown around alot and don't know if it has anything to do with where we are! :o)

The other couple has a room up on the 9th deck, same side of the ship, so we're planning on taking walkytalkies...

I'm terribly excited!! Any info would be GREAT!

TIA!!

Megan

Hey ya'll. DH and I are going on our first cruise with another couple next month. Eastern Caribbean. SO excited!

I have a few questions.. I've read through this ENTIRE thread because I'm kind of thirsty for cruise knowledge!! :D

1. I've heard that there is a movie theater on board. Is this true? And if so, do they play new movies, or recently released movies?

2. We will be on the ship over Halloween... Is there any kind of Halloween Party or is the holiday kind of overlooked...

3. We are in room 6300 on the 6th deck. It looks like it's RIGHT in the middle, but I can't tell if we're going to be on the port side or not... Any ideas? I have heard 'hump' been thrown around alot and don't know if it has anything to do with where we are! :o)

The other couple has a room up on the 9th deck, same side of the ship, so we're planning on taking walkytalkies...

TIA!!

Megan

Yes they have a movie theater. They don't show the newest movies. An example is they were showing shrek the 3rd a couple of weeks ago.

Have never been on a cruise over halloween, so I can not answer that one.

Your room is on Starboard side. Looks like a pretty good location. You are not on the hump. Hump is like a half circle where the decks stick out a little more. You can go to the Royal Caribbean websiit and look at the deck plans.

Thank you so much, CruiseLover15!!

I am very excited and have been told by everyone that this will not be my last cruise and that I am going to love it.

I'm absolutely certain that I will!! :D

Thanks for the info. Starboard side, eh? I wonder if one side gets better views than the other side....

Thanks jillybabes!! I am hoping to be SO busy having fun and bar crawlin' around, that I won't have time for the movies in the room. I had just heard some people say that yes there was a theater, and some people say no. Just needed some clarification!

I definitely have the ice show on my list!!

spurrier 4 prez, welcome and I know you will be hooked. Hey come over to our thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=552846, you will meet a lot of us that are on the same cruise as you and you will find most of the answers to your questions. Make sure you sign up for meet and mingle so you can come to the free party!

Dawn

I'd say it depends on where you live - we are from Washington state, so we are definitely flying in the day before. The last thing we need is some sort of unanticipated flight delay on the day of our dream cruise!! Especially with 12 of us traveling together.

East Coast may be an entirely different story.....

Hope that helps.:)

We ALWAYS fly down a day before.

On our first ever cruise, my Dad stayed home and my brother, Mom, Grandma and I went together. My dad wanted to take my brother and I to McDonalds for breakfast inside CVG airport and my mom kept telling him we were going to be late, but he didn't listen. We walked up to the gate just in time to see our plane leaving the runway! Our cruise was boarding later that same day, so Mom frantically spoke with a flight attendant who was able to get us on another flight across the terminal. We had to run to the other end of the terminal in order to make it!

Last year, my BF and I traveled on AOS during September. We planned to go down a day early and visit San Juan. We flew on US Airways and had the WORST FLIGHT EVER! We had three medical emergencies, the staff "timed out" and we had to wait for another pilot...then there was a line to get on the tarmack. It was crazy. We were basically held hostage for 7 hours on the plane. They let us out to eat in the food court, only to send security out for us 20 minutes later. We ended up getting into San Juan and settled into our hotel around 9 PM- missing the whole day in San Juan.

There are just so many things that could go wrong and things that are out of your hands. I would ALWAYS plan to be in the departure city the day before. Even driving- what if the expressway is shut down because of a major accident? It's just better to be safe than sorry! And its also fun to get into vacation mode before boarding. :D

TIA!!

Megan

Welcome.....You will never be the same again after your first cruise. You may get withdrawl symptoms when you get home. :eek: You may get the shakes, but you'll be fine. Booking another cruise will take care of that. ENJOY YOUR FIRST CRUISE ON LIBERTY....I WILL BE ON HER IN JANUARY!

TIA - We just got back yesterday from western I don't have the menus but do have the compasses. Dinners were as follows:

Sat. Sail Away Dinner

Sun. Captain's Gala

Mon. Surf Dinner

Tues. Anchored in Excellence

Wed. Chef's dinner

Thurs. Venetian Feast

Fri. Feast of Nations

Sharon -- thanks for this info! Just one more question - was your cruise the "normal itinerary" or did it get switched up due to the weather? Just wondering because the list is pretty much what I have except Mon/Thurs are switched.

Sharon -- thanks for this info! Just one more question - was your cruise the "normal itinerary" or did it get switched up due to the weather? Just wondering because the list is pretty much what I have except Mon/Thurs are switched.

Nope no switch, regular itinerary.

Snorkelman - we docked at the International Pier which is North of town.

I know that it has probably already been discussed here, but I've heard that RCCL is no longer doing the Gala buffet. Has anyone been on the Liberty lately who can comfirm this? We have several in our group who are new cruisers, and even though this won't make or break the cruise, I thought it would be a fun thing for them to experience.