All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I was on the Liberty Pre-Inaugural, and LOVED IT!!!! It is my favorite ship (with Explorer being only half a point behind!). I love the way Liberty is decorated, I love the way the bridge on the Promenade and the Guest Relations looks, I love the lighting, I love everything about this ship. I HOPE to be going back on in November, but we'll have to see if airline prices go back down. (What the heck is up with that??) Gas, I know. But anyway, I digress...

Thanks for starting this thread...can't wait to be a part of it! :)

Christie, we're still waiting for you to join the Liberty of the CCs!!

Did any of you have adjoining balcony cabins? If so, were you successful at having the divider opened?

I vaguely recall a latch or lock and thinking how cool it would be to have them all open at one time. However, we did not inquire about opening the divider since we did not have a reason to have them open.

Mike

We are searching for flights too ... looked air tran out of newburgh, ny but too high. hopefully southwest will have something reasonable out of Albany, ny.

If we have to fly into Ft Lauderdale, does RCCL run a shuttle to the port?

We are searching for flights too ... looked air tran out of newburgh, ny but too high. hopefully southwest will have something reasonable out of Albany, ny.

If we have to fly into Ft Lauderdale, does RCCL run a shuttle to the port?

You may be able to purchase transfers from RCCL from Ft Lauderdale to Miami but you may want to check your alternatives.

Karen

Thanks for starting this thread - I had been looking for one!

We go on her this fall (11/29) and can't wait!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous of everyone who's sailing on her earlier. She's just a beautiful ship. My SIL/BIL are going on Voyager this weekend and I was like 'ha ha my ship's bigger' LOL;)

I have two questions - I want to pick just one of the specialty restaurants to go to - is Chops a good choice? We've been to a Portofino-type (3 hr italian) place on our Princess cruise, so wanted to try something different.

Also - I have not sailed on RCCL before - WHAT is Quest???? Someone please enlighten me...pretty please???

Thanks, Kelly

Explorer looks SO small next to Liberty!! OMG!! :eek:

I know! We were in St. Maarten with LOS when we were on ExOS and you wouldn't think much can make the Explorer look small! lol But there's a definitely difference. :)

Christie, we're still waiting for you to join the Liberty of the CCs!!

Oh believe me I am STILL working on it...in fact I'm going to corner DH tonight and tie him up until I get an answer! hehehe :p

WHAT is Quest???? Someone please enlighten me...pretty please???

Thanks, Kelly

It's a scavenger hunt for adults. 'Nuff said. :D :cool:

Christie...we got great prices on flights from Airtran out of Newark!!! We've never flown Airtran, but the prices were unbelievable!

Thanks for the tip, Lynn! I'll have to check them out. Everytime we fly to Miami, it's only about $138 pp ROUND TRIP! Now everything's over doubled that. Not sure if that will fly money-wise. Great price on the cruise, sucky price on the airfare! :(

We were on the Liberty Jan 26.

The English Pub was always full of smoke at almost any time. Avoid. Ditto for Boleros...terribly smoky, couldn't dance there. Show group no longer in lounge for dancing. Dancing/music pretty laid back in Viking Crown Lounge and the band looked terribly bored. Flowrider hilarious- great entertainment. Go all the way to the front to get a seat at Windjammer. For great exercise, walk around the Promenade deck. Twice around is a half mile. Gym has wonderful machines. Many headset outlets broken. Bring your own headphones, they'll charge you $15 for CHEAP ones. My husband signed up for many Pilates and Yoga classes which were cancelled due to not enough people signing up. Good luck with that. Don't miss the Ice show and the parades are fun. Wine tastings in Vintages used to be good, but we didn't do them on this trip because of too much smoke. Can't enjoy wine tastings in smoke! Champagne bar a great place to watch sunsets as well. Ditto for Diamond lounge...aren't we lucky! Liberty has great art...take a stroll around every deck as well and enjoy the whimsical art in the halls. Instead of air fresheners, bring a bowl or two of potpourri. For atmosphere, bring an electric flickering candle. Portofino's on Liberty the best we've been to. Jade has some good items with some real flavor. Don't miss the cooking demo...we had lobster and pasta-yum! I also enjoy small things like trivia contests and veggie carving. Fun way to meet others, too!

I want to pick just one of the specialty restaurants to go to - is Chops a good choice? We've been to a Portofino-type (3 hr italian) place on our Princess cruise, so wanted to try something different.

I had also been to Princess' premium Italian restaurant, but we tried Portofino's on our Empress cruise last fall... and there's really no comparison! Instead of a zillion little tidbits like on Princess, Portofino's has more of a traditional menu, with appetizer, salad, etc. Every dish was presented absolutely beautifully, and I have to say that even though I've dined at many high-end restaurants, this was definitely the best meal I've ever had!

On our Liberty cruise, we intend to try Chops. But if I hadn't already done Portofino's and could only pick one, I'd pick Portofino's because I know how wonderful it is!

Did any of you have adjoining balcony cabins? If so, were you successful at having the divider opened?

Thanks for starting a Liberty thread!! We are going in 3 weeks and can't wait!! As other posts said, I have been reading everything I can to prepare. We have a great group chatting on roll call too! We were on Explorer previously and it's amazing to see the difference between that class and Liberty on the pictures! Wow!!

Anyway, as far as opening up the balconies between the staterooms, yes this can be done. Check out the pictures in the review on the link below. The review is VERY LONG (but worth the time to read) but the pictures of her extended group all out on the balcony together is great. You can clearly see how one of the two balcony panels are removed for everyone to pass through to each others' area. We are traveling as a group of 5 staterooms and one of the first things I want to do is have the balconies opened up so we can hang out there together!

Here is the link: www.jenscruisereviews.com/liberty_review_final1.pdf

Enjoy!!

I agree...Jen wrote an awesome review and VERY detailed! A must-read for any Liberty fan! :D

Any idea what the lines for the FlowRider are like? How much time do you get on it?

Thanks!

It depends on when you go. Going when you board is the best time, because not everyone is onboard yet, plus people just want to "check it out" the first day and watch & see what it's all about rather than take part. So the first day is ideal. Sea days obviously will be a long wait. So try to go on 'off' times otherwise you can wait a long time.

As far as how long you can ride, usually people get wiped out pretty quick. I was on for about 2 minutes on my longest run, but eventually one little move wipes you out. I didn't see anyone that they had to 'kick' off, so to speak. Everyone just kinda wiped out after a while, lol. It is a TOTAL BLAST!!!!

I will be sailing LOS in just a few short weeks...woohoo!! :D Can you tell I'm getting excited?!?!

I've been on the Voyager class before so I can only imagine that Liberty is going to be bigger and better! Quite honestly, DH and I prefer the Radiance class but we are taking our parents and DH's son...so there will be a variety for all of us.

For San Juan, we plan to visit OSJ and check out the forts and eat some local food. We don't plan on too much walking since FIL has had two knee surgeries, hip replacement and shoulder surgeries and MIL also had knee surgery.

Labadee is RCCL's private beach in Haiti. You really can't go anywhere so it's a good day to relax on the beach. There's water sports, snorkeling and such. The ship brings the food (bbq) and drinks to the beach.

In St. Maarten there is plenty to do...shop, drink, go to the beach, tours and so on. It's all a matter preference.

We will definitely be going to Portofino's and Chops. This will be a first and probably last cruise for the in-laws. My MIL is terrified of water and boats. :eek: She is only willing to go because DH paid for their cruise as a retirement gift to his father. Should be an interesting 7-days to say the least. :rolleyes:

karena1...how was the gym? I do an hour of cardio every day. Are there plenty of cardio equipments? What about free weights? I definitely plan on taking a yoga and pilates class. I want my mother to try the classes too. Do you remember the hours of the gym? Was it ever crowded?

I am counting down the days...

We were on the Pre-Inaugural, so no, the gym wasn't crowded. I can't remember how many cardio machines there were, but I loved them, state of the art Life Fitness crosstrainers, each with its own TV. Bring your own earphones to listen. lots of treatmills also, and also weight equip, but I don't know what kind since I just did the cardio. Gym opened at 6:30 if I remember right, but I got there early each day and just walked in since it wasn't locked. I do an hour and one-half of cardio every day, plus weights, so on a cruise I settle for an hour of cardio just to make sure I at least get some exercise each day. If you are a gym rat like me, you will love the gym on this ship. Best on any ship I have ever seen

I just updated our reservation to reflect the 8:30 PM dinner seating. I never really thought about how this effects the shows that we may want to see. Does anyone know what time the shows usually start and are there usually two seatings of the show (one after each dinner seating).

I just updated our reservation to reflect the 8:30 PM dinner seating. I never really thought about how this effects the shows that we may want to see. Does anyone know what time the shows usually start and are there usually two seatings of the show (one after each dinner seating).

They will typically have an early pre-dinner show for the people who have late dinner seatings.

Mike

Hi Mike, Tiger, and Aussie Mom,

Thanks for the info! You've definately given me some new perspective and am really excited about our visit to San Juan. I'm glad I asked, otherwise I think I would have suggested to my wife that we skip the offshore and hang out at the pool.

Aussie, are you on the same sailing, or just the same itenerary?

Thanks again!

We're sailing on 12 April.:D

I was on the Atlantis Charter of the Liberty.

Plugs in the bathroom. There is one on the ceiling for shaving, however, we bought a night light in Miami to put in there, however, the plug only works if the light switch is on.

We had dinner in Chops and it was delicious. Windjammer food of ok, we only ate a few lunches there but it seemed to be the same food for both breakfast and dinner. We enjoyed the dinners in the Main dinning room, we especially like eating on the main floor which was huge. (Atlantis has open seating so you sat with different people each night if you wanted to)

Pools were cold in January, went in once.

The art on the Libery is very nice and each stateroom has a book which talks about all the art around the ship.

Of all the bars on the ship, we preferred the Champaigne bar, the women who worked there were great.

I thought the ice show was kitchy. They skated wonderfullly, however, a whole tribute to Andrew Llyod Webber! enough dancing cats.

Johnny Rocketts was good and the servers were attentive.

You couldn't hear the announcements in the stateroom. we usually had to open the door to hear what was being said.

We loved Labadee, very relaxing. We didn't have kids on our cruise, however, I would suggest going somewhere away from the main area which had lots of kids activities if you want quiet.

THe gym was a good size however if you do weights it is only a very small section of the gym. Most of the gym area is for cardio equipment.

Hated the pizza in Sorrentos'. We try to eat healthy and this had to be the worst pizza I've eaten especially having not had pizza for 6 months.

We took the Serenade last year and we remembered there being signs on one side of the decks asking people to smoke on the other side however we saw no such signs on the Liberty, people were smoking everyone on deck.

I really like the pictures they took on the ship, obviously you didn't have to buy any, but they were pretty well taken.

Stage show were fun but from going all we tended to nod off at the late shows.

I'm getting married on the Liberty of the Seas in May! (just thought I'd share that) haha

I was married at sea; it was the best ever!

We're sailing Oct 25th sailing - can't wait! I was on the inaugeral of Freedom, so I know what I"m in for.

SO EXCITED, Can't wait.

Little disappointed to hear about all the smokiness; especially in the wine bar... :mad: