Any Curaçao residents here?

etoile

• 2 weeks later...
I have lived in Curacao recently... I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

My first question is: is internet really that expensive? We were trying to price our usual monthly expenses, and I was finding prices like $200-300 US per month for semi-fast internet service.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you say that? I am just wondering.

When we were looking over documents about moving there, they are all in Dutch, so we might have to learn Dutch anyway. Papiamentu is also much harder to find a teacher! But when we were there, all the signs were in Papiamentu, so obviously we need that too. :)

Because if you speak papiamentu it's easier to integrate, and the people will accept you faster. There must be some papers in english I guess. Later you can learn dutch. Just a question why do you want to come and live here if I can ask?

We visited Aruba and fell in love with it, and in the course of investigating life in Aruba, we did research on Curaçao too and we think we would like it there even more. Most of the attraction is living on a tropical island, of course, but I am particularly interested in working in tourism and we are both eager to experience life outside the United States. We like challenges, such as moving to a new country, and we think either Aruba or Curaçao would fit our lifestyle. We need to spend more time in both places before we can decide anything, of course.

The paperwork I found in Dutch was from the DIMAS website, for immigrating to Aruba. I was trying to read about what the requirements are, but the only PDF I could find was in Dutch, and their e-mail us link was broken so I couldn't contact them to ask for the papers in English!

The tourism in Curacao grew almost 28 % last year, making it the second highest in the caribbean, Cancun being the first, BUT the year before cancun had a hurricane and nobody went there, so automatically they will have percentage wise more tourists

Archived