Celebrity Infinity or Island Princess to Hawaii

EbayCruiser

Planning a cruise for next fall to Hawaii and would like the pros and cons of both of these ships. Celebrity is a little cheaper than Island Princess but just want the BEST possible experience.

Any suggestions from people who have cruised to Hawaii?????

Thanks,

We sailed on the Infinity to Hawaii this past May. We have found that Celebrity is a notch above Princess is almost every way. Food, cabin,staff,etc. Our cruise was great. We left from Mexico and sailed to Hawaii. I feel this is the better way to do it. Since you really spend only a short time on each of the islands, pick one or two things to do on each. Have a great time!

To address the cruise line opinion: we went second time on Infinity. Can't speak firsthand about Island Princess. If it went round trip, then I'd probably choose the latter. Round trip isn't much longer than 12 days plus 1 flight day if doing a one-way mainland/Hawaii cruise.

Speaking about "aft" cabins. Aft is anything toward the stern from midship. If in an aft balcony cabin on either port or starboard side, one sees one shore going in and one coming out. Never understood how people thought they might miss something!

If on the stern, one gets a 180 + view all the time. One sees BOTH shores (if there are 2 "sides" to see) going in and coming out of port, certainly not just water! We never had to go on deck to see things and spent a huge amount of time on the balcony.

So, just don't worry about where your balcony cabin is - just get one!

Sammy

We've been on the Infinity and Ocean Princess to Alaska and both lines were great, but if I had to chose one, it would have to be Celebrity. Food was slightly better and the SS United States was fantastic. Thalassotherapy pool was a treat. We were spoiled by the service on both cruise lines.

We also had an aft cabin, located way in the back of the stern side of the ship, on Infinity 9120. The balcony was larger but there was more vibration. I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of which cruise line you pick!

My daughter and I sailed on the Infinity in May from Ensenada to Hawaii. While we thought the ship was beautiful and the service was excellent, we frankly prefer Princess. My DH and I are going on the Island Princess r/t in March 2005. We thought Celebrity's food was overrated. It was good but we didn't think it was any better than Princess or HAL food we've had.

Archived