Toru-ba-ri Park

goat rancher

Anyone been to this park recently? Trying to find out how this park rates in terms of beauty, accessibility and wildlife. Is it green yearround? (We will be there at the end of April/early May)

For anyone with more intimate knowledge of Costa Rica, what would You consider the best tour (for people of moderate but not excellent physical condition, one of whom is a bit scared of hights ):

Torubari Park excursion

Hanging Bridges excursion

La Paz waterfalls excursion

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone been to this park recently? Trying to find out how this park rates in terms of beauty, accessibility and wildlife. Is it green yearround? (We will be there at the end of April/early May)

For anyone with more intimate knowledge of Costa Rica, what would You consider the best tour (for people of moderate but not excellent physical condition, one of whom is a bit scared of hights ):

Torubari Park excursion

I visited this park in January and loved it. There is a lot to do, the ziplines are fantastic and they have a tram which takes you up to the top of the hill after you finish zipping. They have much more than just zip lines, but their zips are considered the longest around! The last zip is over 700 meters long and its a double so you can "race" to the finish.

My husband has a terrible fear of heights and he conquered Turu Ba Ri. Okay, so he had to close his eyes on the last run, but other than that, no problem...

Amelia

• 2 weeks later...

Is the zip in turabari a "zip tour" or just one long ride (superman zip). Can you take a taxi to the park and explore on your own or with a guide?

How long does it take to do the zips? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

YO

Torubari Park excursion

I was there last January, I hope that is recent enough! Its really nice, got everything there, so good for whole family if you want gardens, food, trams, zip lines and superman zip lines, mazes, I think a petting zoo, and a nice shop.

We zipped 13 platforms,it had minimal walking with some stairs but not too many. My husband is afraid of heights, but in spite of this, he did it. It goes fast, and you are high but you don't really feel all that high because you are looking down on trees and they conceal the ground far below. the last run is long--800 meters(maybe only 700)--and its a double so you can race. It goes fast, and for a nice long time, and it is over a river so you can see the bottom. That was the only run that was hard for him, he didn't want to go--I could see him hesitate--but the guy said "ok go" and gave a friendly push with his voice! He said he had to keep his eyes closed, but that was the only hard run. I know he would go again--we have been to los Veranos since in Puerto Vallarta and that was just as exhilarating!

We also zip lined in Costa Rica at Villa Lapas and that was almost boring. It was our first time and It was very slow and low, probably good for young kids.

In any event, there places are all very accessible and beautiful year round since they are so close to the Equator, the weather varies little. You are always in a rainforest in Costa Rica.

We always go with Charile Soto, he is reliable and fair and we enjoy him and his staff. In Turu Ba ri, he drops you off and you zip line there and eat there, otherwise you do the same tour with him (monkeys, fruit, crocs, and shop for coffee). At Villa Lapas, you zip there or just walk on skywalks, then eat on Jaco Beach. He can arrange pretty much whatever you like, I highly recommend him.

Don't be scared, take a risk!

Amelia

• 5 weeks later...
I visited this park in January and loved it. There is a lot to do, the ziplines are fantastic and they have a tram which takes you up to the top of the hill after you finish zipping.

The pictures I saw show four people to a tram, looking inwards (as opposed to out towards the view), with legs of all four down and together.

Other than the seating, the tram ride looks pleasant.

Does anyone know if you can be seated just two to a tram? I get leg cramps and need to elevate at least one leg onto the seat.

• 4 months later...
The pictures I saw show four people to a tram, looking inwards (as opposed to out towards the view), with legs of all four down and together.

Other than the seating, the tram ride looks pleasant.

Does anyone know if you can be seated just two to a tram? I get leg cramps and need to elevate at least one leg onto the seat.

The Tram is at the end of the Zip line, it seats 4 but I am sure you can take the extra room you need. It is not a long ride, but the best thing about the zip lines here is that you start at the top and crisscross down to the bottom along 14 platforms and there is much less walking than at most parks so more people can do it. The tram takes you back up to the top.

Tu Ru Bari is a huge place, they have ziplines, swings and superman zips, rapelling, trams, skywalks, botanical gardens and waterfalls, a decent restaurant, and more. Lots of families go here because there is a wide variety of things to do here. The zip lines are hair raising, but good to try at least once in your life.

Amelia

Archived