Booking Celebrity

ykckby

I'm planning to cruise the Century next February....are there specific times when Celebrity has "sales"/promotions or when TA's grab a block and offer decent prices? Or is it just luck of the draw?

thanks

I'd book a cruise on Celebrity anytime you're ready to book. If the price of your cabin goes down before you pay in full, they will honor the new price if you call them. They don't notify you, you have to keep watching the website or have your TA check. They may or may not honor a price reduction if you've already paid in full as some reductions are for new bookings only.

We're booked on a Celebrity cruise for the end of May and have already taken advantage of two price reductions. The first time it was a general reduction for our stateroom class (and a few others) and the second time, they offered a senior discount that hadn't been offered when we booked. So far we're paying $360 pp less than when we booked.

Thanks Gail...did you book through them or through a TA? I am wondering how you found there was a senior discount?

kim

Hi Kim,

I booked directly with Celebrity. However, I've heard from other people that their discount policy applies the same if you're booked through a TA.

The cruise we're booked on has a very active roll call. Also I've read in various places here on CC that it's important to check Celebrity's website because they sometimes reduce the price and will honor the reduction for people already booked. So I've checked online myself for price changes, but the first I heard of a price change was when someone on the roll call posted that there had been a reduction. I called Celebrity and they changed my registration information. Then a few weeks later, someone mentioned that some rooms had been changed and not others. I checked the website and found that there was a senior citizen discount that hadn't been there before. I called and again the price was changed for us. The only question asked was whether we were over 55.

So all that just boils down to you have to keep checking the prices for your cruise to see if there are any changes.

Thank you Gail, looks like it's a matter of just diligently checking the website regularly.

kim

Exactly. Gee, you managed to say in one sentence when I went on for three paragraphs about. :D Have fun booking and planning your cruise.

Archived