A tip on Laundry...

Carlakuch

Hey all,

Here is a little tip for everyone who would like to do their own laundry on the ships,...when you are packing for your cruise put a few fabric softener sheets between layers of clothing. This helps keep your clothes smelling fresh (especially if you like to pack early), then you can use them after you do the wash and use them to dry your clothes in the dryer.

Thanks for your tip. I don't know if any of the NCL ships have self laundry facilities. I know that the Dream and the Star do not. I have a tip for you though. The laundry department runs a special a few days before the cruise ends. All the laundry that you can fit into a provided bag for $20. I can not believe the amount of laundry that my wife can roll up and fit into a bag! The three of us went home with all clean clothes for only $40.00! They did a very good job cleaning our clothes as well.

Thanks for your tip. I don't know if any of the NCL ships have self laundry facilities. I know that the Dream and the Star do not

The Dawn has a self service free laundry. We were on deck 11 and it was midship. Very nice Scandanavian machines-washers, dryers, ironing boards & irons. You must buy your own soap, etc. There are machines for that. I heard they were on other decks also but I had no reason to search them out. I only used them so I didn't have to bring dirty clothes home and I had the time on our last sea day.....

I would hate to think that I'll be doing laundry on our next cruise, but, knowing my DH, he'll run out of clothes before the cruise is over! Believe me, I have already given him FAIR WARNING! We went 7 nights on the Majesty, and he ran out of shirts before the end of the trip! Maybe he'll be doing is OWN laundry while I relax on deck!!:rolleyes: I, on the other hand, will most likely pack enough clothes for AT LEAST two weeks! Better to be safe than sorry!;)

I would hate to think that I'll be doing laundry on our next cruise . . .

We had planned on doing some laundry on our 7-day Alaska cruise last year because we did two days precruise and four days post cruise, but never got around to doing it. We just made do with what we had, which was sufficient since we had packed enough. There was always something else to do (or not to do) than laundry.

Am I nuts or who wants to do laundry on their vacation? Especially 11 day cruise around Hawaiian Islands. This would be the last thing on my list of things to do. Can I get an Amen...........

Please, anything to do with home chores, no way, no how.

Scotty:eek: (the Scotsman)

My DH always works out on his cruises...rather than have a cabin full of sweaty gym clothes sitting around stinking up the cabin I have no choice but to wash his clothes...sometimes even in the sink.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived