Question about double RCCL Visa points???

I've only had RCCL Visa for 2 years and during that time I did book directly with RCCL. I got my double pts for cruise and all expenses paid for while on board ships. I booked my May cruise while on board in Oct. I transferred booking in January and paid final payment to on line cruise co. using my RCCL Visa. I got statement today and did not receive bonus pts for this purchase. (I did get usual pts of total monthly purchase) I expected to see another 1300 pts in bonus area of statement. I called and was told sorry "no" bonus as I used TA although the TA just took my Visa # and put it through to BOA. It's not like they deposited my payment and made a lump payment with other customers using their acct # (if that doesn't sound too confusing to you). Any one have experience with this?? Thank you.

It sounds like the TA didn't make the final payment directly through RCCL, but rather through their agency. On your statement what does the charge read? Your TA's agency name or RCCL? If it is your TA's name that is why you didn't get the double points.

I used both my RCL VISA and my TA when I paid off my January 2009 cruise on the Voyager and I received double points. The pay off was for $900.00 - 900 points showed up with my other points earned for the month and the extra 900 points showed up on the next line. I think it is called RCL points. Call your TA and tell him you want your double points because you used your RCL Visa - sounds like he missed the boat somewhere between his office and RCL's billing department.

If I'm correct in order to get Royal Bonus Points the charge to your Royal Caribbean Visa needs to reflect "Royal Caribbean" or the name of a Royal Caribbean vessel. It is correct that not all travel agents process payment directly thru Royal Caribbean. It is good to tell your TA that you're using a Royal Caribbean Visa to pay so they know what to do for you to get your Royal Bonus Points.

I did point out to TA that I was using a RCCL Visa. But I did not state it gave me double pts. You have to remember every detail I guess. The entry on statement does credit my Agency with transaction so it doesn't look to good for me but I am sending an email to this agent and thats the end of this one lol.

I did point out to TA that I was using a RCCL Visa. But I did not state it gave me double pts. You have to remember every detail I guess. The entry on statement does credit my Agency with transaction so it doesn't look to good for me but I am sending an email to this agent and thats the end of this one lol.

Well the agent should understand your issue. They could issue your a credit and redo the transaction so you get your Royal Bonus Points. Obviously that is why all of us get the Royal Caribbean Visa is so we can get points to redeem on a future cruise.

using a TA on this board who does the CC group cruises.. The deposit went thru on my RCCL visa but when it came time to charge the balance ( 2 cabins... $5000 ) it was charged to his agency hence no double points .

I realized this when I got my CC statement and the TA was unwilling to fix it.......Lesson learned and I never used this TA again. Now I always ask esp when I book a RCL cruise. Most TA's charge your CC directly to the cruiseline as it should be

using a TA on this board who does the CC group cruises.. The deposit went thru on my RCCL visa but when it came time to charge the balance ( 2 cabins... $5000 ) it was charged to his agency hence no double points .

I realized this when I got my CC statement and the TA was unwilling to fix it.......Lesson learned and I never used this TA again. Now I always ask esp when I book a RCL cruise. Most TA's charge your CC directly to the cruiseline as it should be

A wise decision not to use that TA again. It's sad when a TA doesn't have your best interest in mind and won't help you out. It's their job to bend over backwards to make the customer happy.

A wise decision not to use that TA again. It's sad when a TA doesn't have your best interest in mind and won't help you out. It's their job to bend over backwards to make the customer happy.

so true, and so many have had such bad experiences with a TA -- sad we can't identify on here who the good ones are -- it would be such a service, but I understand why it is not allowed from a business prespective.

Archived