Cool Runnings too many people on board

moosenaroundtheship

I was there last week on Crown Princess and used Cool Runnings. I thought the snorkling was average, at best, but we had a great time. They didnt mention anything about no longer accepting cruise passengers.

Was there still a person waiting for you at the port or did you have to take a cab to the cat?

I'm also reserved for May, think I might just cancel to avoid confusion and go with Silvermoon if they are available.

That's too bad they're not accepting cruise passengers anymore. I just e-mailed them a few weeks ago inquiring about their tour, and they confirmed that they will pick up cruise passengers at the pier, but I guess their policy has changed.

I was all set to go on this tour so now I'm not sure what we'll do. Any suggestions for similar tours with reputable companies? I really want to snorkel with the sea turtles.

I also have a reservation in May, but will not cancel unless they tell me they won't/can't do cruise passengers. I understand their point of view, for the fact that people make reservations and just don't show up, or show up late, holding up the rest of the group (I've had this happen on previous private tours...nothing like waiting for the family that wanted to sleep in...or shop before the tour.:mad: )

I am willing to pre-pay to go on this tour...and that might be what it takes for people to show up.

Regarding other tours - you can try Silver Moon (books up quickly) and Shasta (sp.).

Christine

I also have a reservation in May, but will not cancel unless they tell me they won't/can't do cruise passengers. I understand their point of view, for the fact that people make reservations and just don't show up, or show up late, holding up the rest of the group (I've had this happen on previous private tours...nothing like waiting for the family that wanted to sleep in...or shop before the tour.:mad: )

I am willing to pre-pay to go on this tour...and that might be what it takes for people to show up.

Regarding other tours - you can try Silver Moon (books up quickly) and Shasta (sp.).

Christine

I wont cancel either, but they need to let us know if they will even bother picking us up at the port or not, hell I've already booked and they dont show up to pick me up at the pier as promised that could be a problem. Does anyone know where the Cool Runnings Cat is docked? How much a cab is to get there? Also if they are not catering to cruise passengers anymore we could run into time constraints getting back to port.

Got an email from them:

Thank you for your email.

Factors involved within the cruise ship terminal and their customs department, has contributed to our recent decision to discontinue reservations for cruise ship passengers.

Oh, well, have to figure out another tour.

I have Cool Runnings booked for April 13. I sent an email to them to recomfirm my reservations with them. And everthing was just fine. No mention of the new policy. So maybe if you already have them booked they are honoring it. It must be for new bookings. I would have gladly paid now if they wanted me to.

Laura

I have Cool Runnings booked for April 13. I sent an email to them to recomfirm my reservations with them. And everthing was just fine. No mention of the new policy. So maybe if you already have them booked they are honoring it. It must be for new bookings. I would have gladly paid now if they wanted me to.

Laura

This is correct. They WILL continue to honor all bookings that were made before the new policy came into effect.

Was there still a person waiting for you at the port or did you have to take a cab to the cat?

I'm also reserved for May, think I might just cancel to avoid confusion and go with Silvermoon if they are available.

They picked you up just outside the gate and drove you to their office (about a 5 min drive).

For those of you not able to book with Cool Runnings, Silver Moon and Tiami do a similar excursion. In fact we saw them at the same places we went to.

I received an email from Danielle at Cool Runnings...yes, they are honoring all previous reservations (as mentioned by several earlier posters).

It's really a shame that a small group of unconsiderate people ruin it for others. Maybe in the future, Cool Runnings can work with cruise passengers...maybe charge a deposit.

just returned off Serenade of the Seas and did a tour with Cool Runnings the 5 hour tour with lunch. This by far was our best day of the week - didnt count how many were on our boat - could easily have been 40 but it was not crowded at all - and the staff is amazing - non stop walking around taking empty glasses, bringing new drinks, etc etc. Food spread was nice, music was great, weather was sunny and hot, and the water is warm too - snorkeling with the turtles is really cool. All in all, I'd go back in a minute - one thing I did just notice, though, was when you go on Cool Runnings website right now they have a statement on there saying something like 'because of recent events they are no longer able to book guests coming off cruise ships...' ???? anyone know whats up with this?

sorry about my question - i wasnt reading the last page of posts when i posted. I know when we booked i'd checked out Silver Moon and the other one too and both of those were already full - so we went with CR... they were great, like I said. Their catamarans are nice and big, great shapes, clean and bathroom etc...

as far as the snorkeling goes, the turtles are something to see - they are so beautiful up close - way funner than the stingrays in Cayman... when you go on to the 'shipwreck' - well that was not much of anything... almost like a 'is that all there is?' moment.... but my daughter i flippered on and there were some smaller coral areas here and there and we saw some really cool fish - quite a few different ones actually so i had a great time - only wish we could have stayed out there longer.

we were supposed to be outside the gates at 9am. when we got there they are holding up a sign for you. alot of folks had already gathered - ended up there were 3 van drivers- all assigned specific families they were waiting on. go figure the first 2 vans got their folks and left promptly - we got stuck waiting for 25 minutes - all by our lonesome , with the driver, for the rest of his assignments... finally (i think because we were starting to grumble in his ear) he left just with us and took us down the street to the pier - its not far at all, we could have walked if we'd known. Soon after we got to the dock, they radio'd him to return - his other people had finally shown up. I will say it was not a problem at all getting off the ship, and getting out past the gates - folks that book these tours need to be on-time since generally they are screwing the whole group from their tardiness....

sorry about my question - i wasnt reading the last page of posts when i posted. I know when we booked i'd checked out Silver Moon and the other one too and both of those were already full - so we went with CR... they were great, like I said. Their catamarans are nice and big, great shapes, clean and bathroom etc...

as far as the snorkeling goes, the turtles are something to see - they are so beautiful up close - way funner than the stingrays in Cayman... when you go on to the 'shipwreck' - well that was not much of anything... almost like a 'is that all there is?' moment.... but my daughter i flippered on and there were some smaller coral areas here and there and we saw some really cool fish - quite a few different ones actually so i had a great time - only wish we could have stayed out there longer.

we were supposed to be outside the gates at 9am. when we got there they are holding up a sign for you. alot of folks had already gathered - ended up there were 3 van drivers- all assigned specific families they were waiting on. go figure the first 2 vans got their folks and left promptly - we got stuck waiting for 25 minutes - all by our lonesome , with the driver, for the rest of his assignments... finally (i think because we were starting to grumble in his ear) he left just with us and took us down the street to the pier - its not far at all, we could have walked if we'd known. Soon after we got to the dock, they radio'd him to return - his other people had finally shown up. I will say it was not a problem at all getting off the ship, and getting out past the gates - folks that book these tours need to be on-time since generally they are screwing the whole group from their tardiness....

Thanks for the review. I emailed Danielle to let her know we wanted to keep our reservation. I've been looking forward to this excursion and it would be ashamed not to go on others accountablity. From a business standpoint I can see why they would stop, however It seems to be a big enough business to accept a paypal deposit or something to show commitment from their passengers.

I also emailed Cool Runnings to reconfirm my reservation for June. This was their reply:

Thank you for your email. We will still honor your existing reservation. This is a recent decision by management, and will only affect future bookings.

Please contact us the day before your cruising date with us, if you are informed of any delays.

I'm glad I booked early! I would be disappointed if I had waited...

I also contacted Danielle at Cool Runnings because I had emailed them for information but hadn't made the reservation yet. I panicked when I saw the notice that they would no longer accommodate cruise ship passengers so I emailed her back and she said that since we had been in contact with them prior to their decision they would agree to take us if we decided to make a reservation. We are not sailing until August but it didn't take me long to get that reservation in!! Didn't want to miss this one!! Received my confirmation back - all is well!!!! whew!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We used them and our cruise must have been the last straw! I spoke with them and they said 7 cruise passengers again did not show. Here is the problem as I see it. They book both cruise passengers and Hotel guests all on the same boat. They really can't wait if the ship is late unlike those that only book cruise passengers. As you exit the cruise terminal many other tour operators have parking spaces etc and you get right on their vans. If you use Cool Runnings you need to walk down the driveway and outside another set of gates to a grassy area. I will admit that we first stopped right outside the cruise terminal with everyone else until we asked someone and they told us to keep walking. I believe one negative review said they did not get picked up and I would imagine that they were waiting at the wrong place. We were not late so the little delay did not affect the others but I am sure that it has caused problems in the past. The hotels use Cool runnings and they alone can fill the boats so they really don't need cruise passengers! I loved them and would use them again in a heartbeat. Everything about them was professional but they can't wait indefinitely for passengers since they have hotel and cruise passengers mixed. Hopefully sometime in the future they will give us another chance!!

Archived