Port of Miami

il26382

Are there any convenience stores at the Port? I would like to buy Diet Coke & bottled water to take on the ship and am not sure if we will have a chance to get it anywhere else. We will be flying in on the 27th, staying at the LaQuinta East (which I understand has nothing desirable close by). We will be taking the hotels shuttle from the airport and to the ship the next morning. Thanks!

Are there any convenience stores at the Port? I would like to buy Diet Coke & bottled water to take on the ship and am not sure if we will have a chance to get it anywhere else. We will be flying in on the 27th, staying at the LaQuinta East (which I understand has nothing desirable close by). We will be taking the hotels shuttle from the airport and to the ship the next morning. Thanks!

Your only other option is when you get in the day before the cruise, ask at the front desk where the closest store is and then you can cab it to the store and have it at the LQ in the morning all packed and ready to go. Don't know what the cost of the cab would be...would have to work with the numbers to see if it would be better than buying a few at the hotel and then getting a supply at your first port of call.

Hmmm.....Why are you taking the shuttle from the airport? Does that mean you have to cab or shuttle to the airport from the hotel and THEN go to the port? Why not just cab it to the port in the morning..skip all that extra traveling and waiting around? then the cabbie can stop on the way while you run in for some soda and then go straight to the pier?

Your only other option is when you get in the day before the cruise, ask at the front desk where the closest store is and then you can cab it to the store and have it at the LQ in the morning all packed and ready to go. Don't know what the cost of the cab would be...would have to work with the numbers to see if it would be better than buying a few at the hotel and then getting a supply at your first port of call.

Hmmm.....Why are you taking the shuttle from the airport? Does that mean you have to cab or shuttle to the airport from the hotel and THEN go to the port? Why not just cab it to the port in the morning..skip all that extra traveling and waiting around? then the cabbie can stop on the way while you run in for some soda and then go straight to the pier?

I think the OP is doing what we're doing. The hotel offers a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, you spend the night, then they offer a shuttle from the hotel to the port.

For the OP: We haven't stayed at this LaQuinta yet, but the other LQ's where we've stayed have offered their shuttle to go to a store (tip, please :D !). Can't hurt to ask. If they say no, you can do what eandj said and take a cab.

BTW, most people take a refillable water bottle and drink the ship's water. It's as good as any bottled water you can buy, IMO.

JMO ;) ! I used to carry on Diet Coke, too. Then I decided that if we spent big $$$ (or even little $$) on a cruise, it wouldn't hurt to spend $25-$50/per cruise and buy Diet Coke onboard.

If you remember, please come back and tell us about the LQ. We'll be there in March. Thanks!

Archived