Amtrak Bus Station

glee87

We are planning to catch the Amtrak bus from Seattle to Vancouver.

We are staying at the Moore Hotel. How far is the bus station from the hotel? If we are planning to walk around Pikes Place Market that morning what time should we start heading back to the hotel to p/up our luggage and then getting a taxi to the bus station? The bus to Vancouver leaves at 1:00pm.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Gina

About 2-2.5 miles. You need to be at the station somewhat in advance to check in and, if needed, pick up hard copy tickets. If you are taking a taxi, it generally takes anywhere from 15-90 minutes for them to show up for you, depending on the day of the week and time of day (taxis are really busy around here pretty much seven days a week and all hours of the day or night). So plan on leaving not much later than 11:00'ish for that 1:00 bus.

What time is your ship sailing? You do know that it is a 4-5 hour bus ride, including the border/immigration stop?

Here is a website that I have copied from the Port of Vancouver's website for a shuttle that runs from various locations in Seattle to the cruise terminal in Vanocuver. I suspect that these times may be more flexible than Amtrac's plus with taking you right to the terminals it will save cab fares and baggage handling once in Vancouver. http://www.quickcoach.com/

Smitty: Let me put it to you this way. I live just north and east of downtown, and have to take a taxi down to Tukwila every other weekend for work, which is down near the airport. I leave home at 6:00 am to be at work at 8:00, and I often call them the night before to schedule the call. (The problem is that they often forget that they set the timed call, so I have to wait until a cab shows up--I finally learned my lesson: call the night before, set up the time, then call them in the morning two hours before you want the cab there to make sure that they are still coming.....)

Thanks for that info. Really hate to get up that early but want good seats on the train. We may be staying at the Sheraton so what time would you recommend I ask the cab to be there in order to be at Amtrak station by 6:00? What is it, about a 15 minute drive? Thanks again for all the info.i

Archived