I was in Casa De Campo on 2-19-08

cruisingbooboo

"I contacted Iberostar vial email, go to www.Iberostarresorts.com"

Cruising Booboo or anyone else i went to this site as we would like to do this but saw no email address available to reach Britta. Can you please provide it?

All i saw was an 800 tel#.

Thanks.

We walked to the taxi area, told the person who appeared to be in charge where we were going, arranged a price and got in 2 large vans ( holds about 10 ) we had no problems w/ our drivers and I didnt hear anyone on the ship who had trouble either... not that that means much but... I did feel very safe traveling in such a large group.

I contacted Iberostar vial email, go to www.Iberostarresorts.com the specific one we were at was Hacienda Domiscus

Yes it included all alcoholic drinks, food,nonmotorized sports... the pool was VERY nice. I am a beach person but the pool was so nice we spent some time there as well.

If I can be of anymore help please let me know..

( wish I was back on that BEAUTIFUL beach right now!!!!)

Would this be a good day trip for older people? We are looking for something relaxing for our in-laws to do for the day;something without too much walking, some shade, a nice view, a place to play in the ocean for our daughter, and decent restroom facilities.

Also, if you have pictures, would you send them or post them? seankaren@bellsouth.net

Thanks.

I think it would be fine for older people. We walked from the lobby to the beach it took about 4 mins, there maybe golf carts if needed. I am sad to report I don't know how to send more than 1 photo at a time :( if you want to email me I can send them to you, or you can go to youtube and put in the resort, I'm sure someone has posted some.

We are going on the April 11 EOS cruise- althoug I am not signed up for the MM. There are six of us and I am going to see if anybody is interested in going over for the day. How was the food/drinks?

Hook up with ontheopenseas and mohegan, share a taxi... I'd love to go but I won't be there :( hahahaha....the food and drinks were good. El Presidente draft beers, good pina coladas,good drink like a mojito but pineapple based I forget the name of it. I thought the drinks at the pool were better than the beach bar drinks. We did the pool resturant the food was good, alot like the Windjammer. There may have been other available resturants but we were fine with that one.:(

Hopefully we will be able to get a small group to go over. I'm not sure if anybody else in my group is interested in going or if we are going to split up for the day. Since this is right after Labadee I'm not sure if they would be up for two days of beach- I know I am!

Thanks for the input on food/drinks. I'm not expecting five star- I just wanted to make sure it was ok. The drinks sound yummy!

Thanks again cruisingbooboo for taking the time to answer ALL:o of my questions! You're right that it is very hard to get information for this port. It makes me wonder if anyone gets off the ship here.:confused: It doesn't seem that anyone else (with the exception of mohegan who I look forward to hearing from:) ) is interested in visiting this resort so unfortunately we won't have the security and fun of travelling with a large group like you did. It still seems like it will be a great day!

If there's anyone else lurking out there going on the April 11th Explorer who would like to join us, please drop in !:)

Hello to ontheopenseas and all interested viewers:

Mohegan is checking in and YES, DH and myself are looking forward to visiting the resort. Please join us and we'll go as a group. We will meet at the meet and mingle and make travel arrangements at that point.

The last time I was in the DR, I spent half the day at a beautiful beach in Bayahibe and then rest of the day in Altos De Chavon and I found it beautiful not boring. Its an incredible thing to see, very beautiful and very interesting shops. Just my 2 cents.

This is the description of Casa De Campo from the RCI web site:

"Talk about the best of both worlds! Here we have Casa de Campo, a 7,000-acre Caribbean paradise complete with water sports, spa services and multiple golf courses.Talk about the best of both worlds! Here we have Casa de Campo, a 7,000-acre Caribbean paradise complete with water sports, spa services and multiple golf courses."

From what I've searched, Casa de Campo is a resort. Is it also a town? If not, does this mean cruise ship pax have access to the Casa de Campo water front?

We are beach people and usually ask which beach is the nicest and take a taxi. We're not interested in food and drink at the beach so $135 for 3 of us to go to the beach seems silly.

I guess I'm looking for general info about this port. RCI is sketchy and Google is not helping me because it keeps sending me to reviews of the resort.

This is a new stop for me, and there is not too much information out there. Here is what I found on the beaches.

There is a public beach- Bayahibe- which does not have facilities but has vendors selling food and stuff. I think there are chairs for rent.

There is a resort on Bayahibe called Oasis Canoa Resort that RC uses as it's beach break and the cost is $55 pp including transportation.

There is another resort called Ibeostar that sells day passes for $45 and transportation is on your own. It looks like the Ibeostar resort offers more for the money- specifically the fee includes food- which I do not think is the case on the RC excursion to Oasis.

I believe those are some of the options when it comes to the beaches. I don't think there is anything right at the pier, so regardless you would have to take a taxi to get to the beach. I know that there is someone that posted a thread recently on the public portion of the Bayahibe beach and they said it was nice and economical. If I was taking my kids I would not spend $45-55 pp to go to the beach- especially if they are not going to eat (picky kids) or drink (obviously).

If anybody know differently then what I have said- please correct me as this is just what I have gathered from reading the threads.

I'm going on the EOS on 4/11 for my first cruise ever! Very excited to say the least. My gf and I have already booked a few shore tours through RCI but it seems that the pickings are slim when it comes to this port. Is this Iberostar as good as they say and is it a better deal than the "Bayhibe Beach Break" that the cruise line is offering? I just signed up for this web site so we didn't sign up for the meet and mingle. ANY advise would be appreciated. :confused:

irishfan, I see you did find the port of call board!:) There is a whole group of us going to Iberostar (thanks cruisingbooboo!) and we're going to discuss where to meet after the M&M. You still have time to sign up and we'd love to have you join us whether you're going to the Iberostar or not. We aren't really drinkers but the buffet and snacks sound great. Also, the idea of having a non-saltwater pool appealed to us and we hope to maybe try some of the non motorized watercraft and a little snorkeling. The grounds also looked beautiful so I think it will be a great day for us! For a family of four, it does get a little pricey but it is about the same as the ship excursion and our food will be included. Have fun deciding what you'll be doing!

Irishfan- you have found the place to get all your answers- which is great since you have yet to cruise. I went on a few cruises prior to finding cruise critic and what a difference expereince and personal opinions make.

Since the beach break offered by RC is one that includes transportation and goes to a resort you will get essentially the same type of experience as going out on your own. I have not done much research on the resort that RC contracted, but I would assume it has a pool, facilities, chairs, etc....

The thing I like about going on my own is being able to stay in charge of my own timeframe. On the group tours you are subject to the transporation provided by RC- should you want to leave early or stay later, most of the time, you have no choice. The day pass offered by Ibeostar costs essentially the same as the RC tour when you factor in transportation- and you don't have to pay for your lunch/snacks. The other bonus to going on your own is the potential for crowds to be a smaller. Not that I am opposed to other people being around- but I've seen some of the tours and they are just packed. We were on the sting ray excursion in Grand Cayman and the ship's tour had 75+ people on their ship and we had a nice group of 15.

Just my thoughts- if you are accustomed to traveling then you would be fine to catch a taxi and head over to the private resort and return to the ship in time for departure.

We are visiting Iberostar on 4/20. Does anyone know if they accept Mastercharge or Visa so we don't have to carry cash?

Gracias.

Yes they take CC's but you may incur an additional small charge exchanging pesos to US $... fyi I think I heard some people talking about that...

The first time I e-mailed I did not receive a reply. I forwarded my original e-mail and received a quick reply and also received quick replies to subsequent e-mails. I did put a note on the memo line that it was for a day pass and also included the date. I'm not sure if that helped.

This is a new stop for me, and there is not too much information out there. Here is what I found on the beaches.

There is a public beach- Bayahibe- which does not have facilities but has vendors selling food and stuff. I think there are chairs for rent.

There is a resort on Bayahibe called Oasis Canoa Resort that RC uses as it's beach break and the cost is $55 pp including transportation.

There is another resort called Ibeostar that sells day passes for $45 and transportation is on your own. It looks like the Ibeostar resort offers more for the money- specifically the fee includes food- which I do not think is the case on the RC excursion to Oasis.

I believe those are some of the options when it comes to the beaches. I don't think there is anything right at the pier, so regardless you would have to take a taxi to get to the beach. I know that there is someone that posted a thread recently on the public portion of the Bayahibe beach and they said it was nice and economical. If I was taking my kids I would not spend $45-55 pp to go to the beach- especially if they are not going to eat (picky kids) or drink (obviously).

If anybody know differently then what I have said- please correct me as this is just what I have gathered from reading the threads.

Please be aware that there maybe European style beachwear ( Nudity) on the public beaches. I have not been there myself yet, but this is what is posted on the Carnival Excursions website.

Please be aware that there maybe European style beachwear ( Nudity) on the public beaches. I have not been there myself yet, but this is what is posted on the Carnival Excursions website.

OMG! Nudity? Oops, thanks for the warning, guess I'll have to lug my binoculars with me, lol.

We've been to Orient Beach in St. Maarten.

Archived