Car rental questions

rin1

Since I can't search thread right now I'm hoping that you guys can help answer this question:

When people say "Full Coverage Insurance" do they mean Loss Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance and Additional Liability Insurance?

Is there any car available through Cozumel Insider that isn't a compact or a jeep?

Since I can't search thread right now I'm hoping that you guys can help answer this question:

When people say "Full Coverage Insurance" do they mean Loss Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance and Additional Liability Insurance?

Is there any car available through Cozumel Insider that isn't a compact or a jeep?

FULL coverage is CDW (usually with a deductible of $400-1500 US) and liability.

I would recommend sending Cozumel Insider a message and asking them whether or not they have access to other vehicles.

No response yet. I'm getting worried about actually getting a car so I was wondering...do those other coverages through Avis directly actually add up to CDW?

With AVIS, CDW is usually an add-on to the base price, and you have to specifically select CDW, which is anywhere from $14.99 per day, on up, depending on the vehicle in question (4x4 more, compact econo-car less).

In a few countries (Italy for instance) CDW is mandatory, Mexico is not one of them, but is HIGHLY recommended you get the optional CDW. :p

• 1 month later...

Cozumel Insider never got back to me, so we ended up going with Avis. The Chevrolet Optra "or similiar" was really more of a compact than an intermediate, but was okay since we were just using it for one day. Avis was pretty close to the tender pier - about a block and a half walk. Closed between 2-4, so keep that in mind.

Archived