Bannister Island Belize

Mrslou37

Has any one been to bannister Island, if so on your own or with RCCL. Do they have restrooms and showers, anyplace to grab a bite to eat or drinks. Traveling with our 3yrs DD

Thanks

We were there last year. Booked a tour thru Fab Tours at the tender dock. Nice trip, gorgeous beach with gentle slope into the water. Great for munchkins. Clean restrooms and decent food and drink. Someone posted that Fab has their own island now. I'll have to check it out next time, but Bannister was nice.

We were on Belize/Bannister Island last month w/NCL Spirit. Island was lovely -- small take out for lunch (mostly chicken items); nice sheltered

bar area. Clean restrooms, indoor and outdoor showers. Beach and

water was perfect! Could have stayed there all day!

Here is a pic of the prices in 2005, Prices are not very expensive coz for example the Beer "Guiness" in the city is only less than $1 cheaper.

073.jpg

Food range from US$5.00 to $12.00

Belizean Rice and Beans with stewed Chicken and salad

Burger with French fries

Hot dog with French fries

Chicken strips with French fries

Fish fingers with French fries

They have low food offer coz u might whant to swim again, U only have 4 hours left.

I checked out the website and clicked the button to book Bannister Island. It only had options of Carnival or some other tour opertaor. When I clicked the link (we are cruising Cranival) it just brought me to Carnival's website. Does anyone know if I need to book through Carnival? (am trying to save money). If not, how much is admission/tender/cab ride? Thanks!

I am going on the Valor April 27.It does look like you have to book through Carnival or Coral Breeze.The advantage of booking through Carnival is that they pick you up at the ship and take you right to the Island and then back to the ship,on the tender.If you going with other you have to take tender to shore and go to their office and take their tender to the Island.They offer it for $50,$1.00 more than Carnival and something about seeing mantees.I think it is much more convenient to do it from Carnival as it saves the long tender ride to shore.I do not know if there is any cheaper way to get there.Maybe someone else will post and see if it can be done.

Looks good! (especially the girls in bikini's) ;)

Think we'll have to do this one in September.

LOL! We had fun on Bannister Island 2 years ago, but I gotta tell ya ~ the bar didn't look like that the day we were there. ;) Maybe we just caught it on an "off" day, but it was pretty laid back when we were there ~ no dancing girls in bikini's. :p

I'll be in Belize in September on the Carnival Valor. So how do I get to this Beach Island? Is there a tour that goes there or do I have to get there on my own??

Yes, there is a tour through Carnival that you can book either before you get on the ship (on the carnival website) or at the shore excursion desk once you get on the ship. Sometimes excursions fill up, though, so you might want to do it before your cruise. They pick you up right off the ship and take you to the Island and then return you to the ship. Have fun!

I want to find out how can i go to this beach on my own. We are going next week on the Norwegian Spirit and the tour they offer leaves at 8:30 Am and is only for 4 hours. Would love to go around 11 and stay into the afternoon. Please any advice. Thank you

I want to find out how can i go to this beach on my own. We are going next week on the Norwegian Spirit and the tour they offer leaves at 8:30 Am and is only for 4 hours. Would love to go around 11 and stay into the afternoon. Please any advice. Thank you

I'm pretty sure you can do this. You have to take the tender over to the port and then there are tour operators there who will take you out to the Island and then come back and get you..........return you to the port and then you will tender back to the ship.

If you want to book it ahead of time, maybe do a Google search of Belize tours. Sorry, I don't know any names of tour operators there. Good luck!

We went to Bannister Island March 4. We were on the NCL Sun. We chose to go through Coral Breezes because it allowed us to have some time to shop around the port before heading back to the ship. We also got to see manatee which was really neat. The island itself was so beautiful! We took a kayak around the island. My husband had some lunch of chicken that he said was delicous. I would highly recommend coral breezes. They take good care of you and make sure you are back at port in plenty of time to catch the tender to the ship. We had time to shop and have a drink before going back to the ship. It was a great day for us!

• 2 weeks later...
I checked out the website and clicked the button to book Bannister Island. It only had options of Carnival or some other tour opertaor. When I clicked the link (we are cruising Cranival) it just brought me to Carnival's website. Does anyone know if I need to book through Carnival? (am trying to save money). If not, how much is admission/tender/cab ride? Thanks!

Hi,

Our family just went on a March RCL to Belize and booked through Coral Breeze Tours. They were excellent. They have many choices of excursions. We choose the 45 min snorkel over the reef, the 2 hours at Bannister(which is now one of my most favorite beaches thus far on our travels) ending with a Manatee Watch. We were the only 5 people on this "paradise" island for the last hour except of course for the guys taking us back to the village. The lunch menu is limited but good portions. I will go on if you want more info...Have a fabulous time!

We're trying to decide where to snorkel as we have our own equipment. I see on Bannister Island they say:

The second longest Barrier Reef in the Western hemisphere is located just over 5 minutes by boat from the island. You can snorkel at "Gallows Point Reef" which boasts an impressive array of marine life.

What I gather is you take a water taxi over there ($30 rt) and then you have to take another boat from the island to snorkel - anyone know what they charge?

Also, if we try our luck at the pier, anyone else have experience having your own gear? reduced rates? TIA

We booked our tour with Coralbreeze. We had a large group so it was $45p/p. I know you can book thru most ships but you also don't get to go to the port. They leave right from the ship. I believe you can book just the snorkeling trip on the island for $20p/p. I heard you can talk them down alittle if you have your own gear. Not sure what the water taxi to get to the island will cost. There is no snorkeling on the island. You have to go to the reef. The island does have hermit crabs everywhere and you can see crabs and starfish in the water.