What happened to my post?

Gixer

I dont know how I have broken a CC rule, but somehow I inadvertantly must have? I asked for the opinions of cruisers on a specific company, I am not ascociated with the company at all, I just wanted opinions from other who may have used them and for them to let me know, in their opinion, if the company is reliable and trustworthy or not to go near them with a barge pole. I was not touting for business in any way.

I am in a difficult position when it comes to booking vacations, I do not have a local tour operator or travel agent, I rely on the web to book every aspect of my trip, opinions and advice from forum members such as this are the only thing I have to go on!

Apologies if I posted something I shouldnt have, is the post able to be ammended and whatever was wrong with it removed so that I can still get opinions from CC member who may have used the company in the past?

Thank You :)

I dont know how I have broken a CC rule, but somehow I inadvertantly must have? I asked for the opinions of cruisers on a specific company, I am not ascociated with the company at all, I just wanted opinions from other who may have used them and for them to let me know, in their opinion, if the company is reliable and trustworthy or not to go near them with a barge pole. I was not touting for business in any way.

I am in a difficult position when it comes to booking vacations, I do not have a local tour operator or travel agent, I rely on the web to book every aspect of my trip, opinions and advice from forum members such as this are the only thing I have to go on!

Apologies if I posted something I shouldnt have, is the post able to be ammended and whatever was wrong with it removed so that I can still get opinions from CC member who may have used the company in the past?

Thank You :)

Cruise Critic is in the business of selling travel.

They operate a number of other travel websites.

Found this in their guidelines:

*Effective February 12, 2006* - While we welcome the legitimate recommendation of tour operators, guides, property & business owners in ports of call, please post your recommendation in response to a request for that specific information.

Cruise Critic considers requests to be E-mailed for additional information as soliciting and will delete those postings by any tour operator, guide or anyone trying to sell or promote themselves on Cruise Critic. Additionally, attempts to circumvent our rules may result in your company name being censored from our forums without notice. Please, abide by our Community Guidelines so that legitmate recommedations by our members regarding guides and tour operators may remain on the forums!

From time to time, Cruise Critic management is contacted by Tour Operators/Guides/Business who request removal of negative posts about their company. We will comply with all such requests, however, we will also remove all posts on the board about said company -- in an effort to provide an appropriate resource for our community. Further posts about the company -- either positive or negative -- will be censored from appearing on the boards. One-Post Wonders This phenomenon essentially amounts to single or multiple posts created by a brand-new member which tout tour operators/businesses in ports of call. Posts of this nature will be removed from the boards without notification to the author. Cruise Critic considers these types of postings an attempt to circumvent our rules and may result that company name being censored from our forums without notice

Maybe someone was promoting themselves and the post was deleted?

Thanks - I still dont understand why it was removed though! I posted as far as I can see within the CC guidelines, and Im not a one post wonder, all I wanted was for other CC members to say ''yep go ahead and book with them, we found them reliable and never had any issues or ''your taking a big risk, find another company to give your money to''

:confused:

Thanks - I still dont understand why it was removed though! I posted as far as I can see within the CC guidelines, and Im not a one post wonder, all I wanted was for other CC members to say ''yep go ahead and book with them, we found them reliable and never had any issues or ''your taking a big risk, find another company to give your money to''

That would surely be a recommendation, wouldn't it?

Ahhhhh Ok - Thanks for the explanation :o I just found the company I was looking at in the CC agencies section, so I guess that must mean that they are safe to book with and not a scam company - thats all I needed to know! :)

Ahhhhh Ok - Thanks for the explanation :o I just found the company I was looking at in the CC agencies section, so I guess that must mean that they are safe to book with and not a scam company - thats all I needed to know! :)

I wouldn't necessarily assume that. I doubt they are a "scam" company, but just because they advertise here doesn't necessarily mean they give good service.

You'll be fine.:)

If someone posts asking for travel agent recommendations is it against Cruise Critic rules to offer the information in a private email? I read the community guidelines and it only appears to apply to travel agents. I'm no travel agent.

Other ppl have posted about companies. More than once someone has posted about where to get or where they have gotten good deals on cruises online by letting people bid on the right to be their TA or something. I don't know anything about it, but just using that as an example.

It's also against the rules to post a thread asking why your post was removed. I swear I'm not kidding. Look right above:

"Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Posts regarding these issues will be removed."

So don't get your feelings hurt if they remove this thread. The FAQ and Guidelines links above will tell you all the rules regarding posting on this board.

You are lucky. I got banned for three days because I posted my e-mail and requested info from a poster. :confused:

Archived