What to do after snorkeling

gopgal

I have a half day snorkel tour booked with Curaco Actief that ends at 1PM. What do I have time to do afterward? We sail at 5PM. I was thinking of just roaming around town and grabbing a bite to eat. Can anyone suggest a restaurant and some things to make sure I see? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I would suggest just walking around town. Can't help you with a place to eat but there are many cafes around. There are also boats from Venezula that dock and sell fish and different things that is worth a stop.

Here's what we did 2 weeks ago:

Morning snorkle trip

Back to ship at 1

Lunch in dining room of ship

Walked across floating bridge to shopping district.

Shopped for an hour or so.

Drinks at outdoor cafe along the floating bridge waterway - you can sit outside - look for the Heinken umbrellas and have a few beers while enjoying the remainder of the afternoon - it was one of the highlights of the trip.

Back to ship by 4:00 PM for the martini tasting.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

So there are plenty of shops & places to eat right around the pier?

We're in the same situation as the OP. Our excursion ends at 1:30, so we'd like to just do a little exploring on our own near the ship after our excursion ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Willemstad is a beautiful small city with lots to see. We have spent much time there. Fort Amsterdam is right near the pontoon bridge. The Floating Market, the old synagogue, and many nice shops are within a short walk from the pontoon bridge.

The Iguana Cafe is on the waterfront. Try a local Amstel beer.

The Hotel Avila is just outside of town- it has several restaurants.

We did the Curacao Actief 1/2 day snorkel. We got back to the ship around 1, got cleaned up, ate lunch in the dining room and went out to see the synagogue and the Jewish museum. Whether or not you are Jewish, both of them are fascinating. This is the oldest synagogue in the Western Hemisphere and is still in use. It's about $6 to go in per person. We got back to the ship around 4 or 4:20pm. It was a pretty leisurely stroll.

Archived